2

"Come on, just try it," Tim says, pushing the beer towards Avi.
Avi wasn't too fond of the idea of drinking beer. He shakes his head, pushing it back to Tim. "No thanks, cowboy."
Tim shrugs, taking a drink of the beer. "What's a city boy like you doing out here anyway?" Austin asks, turning away from the TV to look at Avi.
Avi folds his hands in his lap, looking down at them awkwardly. "Just driving... Getting away from New York," he says quietly.
"You're trying to get away from New York?" Austin says. "Why would you leave?"
Avi shrugs. He was probably being judged hard by them right now.
"It's New York. I could understand why he would want to leave," Tim interjects, shrugging his shoulders.
"Hey! New Yorkers aren't all that bad," Avi defends, furrowing his brow. Tim holds his hands up in defense.
"Not by what we've heard before," he says. "Do you sing, City Slicker?"
Avi rolls his eyes at the nickname. "I do," he answers.
"What do you sing?"
"Im a bass," he replies, crossing his arms and slumping in his seat. Tim perks up, giving Avi his full attention.
"What kind of stuff do you sing?"
Avi thinks for a second. "Oh the normal stuff. Ya know... Like Fall Out Boy, Maroon 5.." He trails when he notices the confused looks on the guys faces.
"You listen to that junk?" Austin asks, looking at Avi like he was crazy.
The guys exchange glances, but this was probably expected from a City Slicker like Avi.
"Do you know any country? Like, any at all," Rob asks.
"I know some Johnny Cash... Does he.. count.." Avi says, raising his shoulders.
Tim gives him a smirk. "Johnny Cash, huh?"
Maybe having this city boy around wouldn't be so bad after all.