8

Avi shakes his head as Tim pulls him up to the stage. He had made a mistake by telling Tim he could sing.

"No," Avi says, trying to yank his arm away from Tim's grasp. Tim was really set on hearing him sing.

"Just one song. Maybe a tiny snippet from a song?" He asks expectantly. He pulls Avi onto the small stage with him, giving him a smile.

Avi looks around awkwardly, playing with his hands as he thought about a song in his head.

"Use my mic," Austin says, putting the microphone into Avi's hand and walking off the stage with the rest of his friends.

"But I don't.." his voice trails as a song finally comes to his head.

"You'll like this cowboy," he says to himself, smirking.

---

"Are you unaware of how well you actually sing? You really put up a fight about going on stage." Tim asks as he pulls his seatbelt on.

Avi shrugs. "I guess," he replies looking down at his hands.

Tim smiles a little, pulling out of the bar. "Well you sing lovely," he compliments.

"Thanks."

Avi looks at the clock in the truck, mumbling a small 'Jesus' to himself as he saw that it was 1:30  in the morning.

"Do you stay out this late every Friday and Saturday?" He asks, not wanting to be rude, but knowing that he would have to grow accustomed to that routine.

Tim shrugs. "It really depends on how many songs we sing. Most of the time it's until midnight or so," he explains. "Why? Are you tired?" He chuckles.

Avi yawns as he nods a little, resting his head against the truck window. "Just a little." He pulls his feet up into the seat, making himself into a little ball. He closes his eyes, and he feels himself drifting off slowly.

---

"Avi?" Tim asks quietly as he pulls up to the house. Avi had been silent, and Tim thought he had fallen asleep, but he wasn't sure.

Tim smiles a little when the truck lights turn on and he sees Avi curled into a ball fast asleep.

He walks over to Avi's side of the truck and opens the door carefully, being sure he wouldn't fall out of the truck.

Tim picks him up, walking into the house quietly.

He walks to Avi's room, laying him down in the bed gently, being sure not to wake him up.

"Night Avi," he whispers, kissing his forehead.
______________________________________________

VOTE and COMMENT!!