52

Avi mentally groaned as he rolled around in bed. He couldn't fall asleep, and he felt miserable.
He stared up at the ceiling, waiting for the tired feeling to wash over him, but it never came. He figured it was because Tim wasn't with him.
Avi sat up with much effort from his tired body, and slowly stood from the bed. He turned and grabbed his pillow, and began walking to the couch where Tim was.
Avi threw his pillow on the floor, and then lowered himself down, laying his head on the pillow.
He wasn't going to sleep without his cowboy.
~~~
Tim woke up the next morning, rubbing his eyes and sitting up. He paused for a moment when his feet hit something that wasn't the floor.
Tim looked down, and saw Avi all curled up on the floor without a blanket. He seemed to be sleeping peacefully, but his face was all red and hot from his fever.
He knelt down and placed his hand on Avi's forehead. He pouted a little at the fever, and stood back up. He grabbed his blanket and put it over Avi.
Tim walked to the kitchen to find whatever he could for breakfast.
He heard soft footsteps minutes later, and he turned around to watch Avi sit in the table chair. He pulled his knees to his chest, and laid his head down on top of his knees as he wrapped up in the blanket.
Tim walked over to him, bending down to kiss his head. "Do you think you could eat something for me?"
Avi shook his head. "No-ah.." He brought his hands up to his neck, holding his hurt throat.
Tim sighed sadly and brushed back Avi's hair. "Well, you need something in that belly of yours," he says, reaching down and poking Avi's stomach gently. "So I'll make you soup."
Avi nodded a little, remembering when his mother used to make him soup when he was sick. His eyes teared up at the thought. Why was he so damn emotional, now?
Avi watched Tim and smirked as he stared. He giggled a little, frowning when he started to cough. He pouted.
"Well this sucks."

Kaytlyn 🦁