43

Avi had only been laying down for about 30 minutes when he noticed how quiet the house was.

He slowly got up out of bed and opened the door to peek out. The house was completely empty. The room was still decorated with balloons and streamers and a 'Congratulations' banner. 

On the table was a cake on it was written: 'Congratulations Tim and Avi'. It was untouched along with all the finger food sitting on the kitchen counter.

A wave of guilt crept over him as he looked around.

He glanced out the window and saw Tim sitting on the front porch steps staring out across the yard. A cigarette in one hand and a beer in the other.

Avi slowly walks out on the porch and sits down beside Tim on the steps. Tim glances around at him and then back out at the yard.

"Uh, where did everybody go?" Avi asked quietly.

"Home." Tim answered taking a drag from his cigarette. "It's not much of a party without the guest of honor." He said looking toward the woods.

"Honey, I am so sorry. But I was so tired. All I wanted to do was lie down." Avi said, hanging his head.

"I understand that, I'm tired too. And I understand that you were upset for leaving your parents. But the least you could have done was acted like you appreciated the trouble they went through to do this for us." Tim said looking around at Avi.

"I know, I know. And I am so sorry. Are you mad at me?" Avi ask, looking up at Tim with apologetic eyes.

Tim let out a heavy breath. "No, Babe. I'm not mad at you just a little irritated. You don't understand." Tim said shaking his head. "My parents died in a house fire when I was 17 years old. I was in school when it happened. This is a small town so everyone knows everyone. If it hadn't been for the Lunquist, The Browns and the Rupp families, Lord knows where I would have ended up. Rob's parents gave me this house to live in. Rob, Chris, Adam, Austin and myself all grew up up together. They're my best friends. They're all I've got. That's my family."

Avi sat quietly listening to Tim. He had never heard him talk of his parents or his childhood.

"There's something I really need to ask you. And I want you to be completely honest with me." Tim said turning to face Avi.

"Alright." Avi said softly and nods.

"Are you having second thoughts?" Tim ask with tears in his eyes and a worried look on his face.

"Second thoughts?" Avi ask, almost losing his breath.

"Second thoughts about marrying me?" Tim ask with a sniff.

"NO! OH MY GOD! NO! Baby, what ever gave you that idea?" Avi said grabbing Tim around the neck, hugging him tightly.

Tim sighs. "Well, you acted like you didn't even want to talk about it in the car when I brought it up on the way home. And this party was suppose to have been for our engagement. And you walked out like you didn't want anything to do with it. So yea, the thought did cross my mind. Am I trying to move things to fast? If I am, Avi, please let me know."

_____________________________________________

PLEASE VOTE AND LEAVE A COMMENT!!!!

**  NAILED IT!!  **

** "HEY LOOK, THE BEER FAIRY CAME"- TIM  **