86

Avery's soft cries woke the couple the next morning. 

"I'll go get her," Avi offered as he sat up. He rubbed his eyes and stood, pulling the blankets back over his husband before he walked out of the room.

He tiptoed- for some reason- into his daughters room and picked the crying child up from the crib.
Avery sat on Avi's hip as he bounced her gently and spoke to her while he slumped to the kitchen to get her bottle.
Hopefully, she would fall back asleep, and he could get back to bed and his husband as soon as possible.

But of course, that wasn't the case, and Tim eventually got up to join the other two anyway.

"Good morning, beautiful one," Tim said and kissed Avi's forehead. "And beautiful two," he added as he kissed Avery's forehead.

The baby let out a soft giggle, and patted Tim's face. But she noticed that his glasses were not on. She whined once and grabbed at her own face, making sure to look at Tim.

"Oh lord, it's starting again," he laughed. He grabbed his glasses from the table and put them on, turning back to Avery so she could stop whining and trying to pull off her own glasses.
She let out a small giggle and then threw her bottle on the floor, letting them know that she was done.

Avi shook his head, and then sat her up on his lap and began patting her back. He watched as Tim picked up the empty bottle, and took it to the kitchen.

"Hey Timmy?" Avi called.

"Yeah?" He answered as he walked out of the kitchen. He took a seat beside Avi and rested his arm on the back of the couch.

"What do you think about going to New York..? So my parents can see Avery?" Avi asks.

Tim pondered on it for a moment, and ran a hand through his hair. "I don't think we should. Driving for so many hours would be hell with her," he nodded toward Avery.

"But I want them to see her," Avi pouted. He normally got what he wanted that way, but it didn't work this time.

Tim shook his head and lightly laughed. He kissed his husband's pouting lips gently and pulled away. "But maybe you could talk them into coming down here?"

He watched as Avi's eyes lit up with excitement. "Really? Can I go call them now?"

Tim chuckled and nodded, holding his arms out for Avery. She was handed over to him, and whined a little as she watched her mommy walk off.

Avery let out a sigh and threw her hands up as she looked back around at Tim. He laughed at her action. "Mommy went to go take care of something."

She nodded once, not knowing what her daddy had said, but he spoke so it must have been something important.
Avery let out a long yawn, tapping her hand on her leg.

"You want to play with your toys?" Tim asked, pointing to all the blocks and stuffed toys in the floor.
He watched as her nose wrinkled up and she pointed to the TV, and then to the couch.
Once her cartoon program was playing, nothing else really mattered and she would shush anything that made noise.

Tim had laid back on the couch, pulling Avery with him, so she laid against his torso while watching and being fascinated by all the cartoons on the screen.

She had gotten a bit too quiet, though, at one point. Tim looked around to check on her, only to find that she was asleep again, which made him laugh because it seemed like she already loved her sleep at a young age.

Avi emerged from the hallway, smiling widely. "Guess what!"

"Sh," Tim quieted him. "She's asleep. But what?"

"Oops," Avi giggled.
"My parents agreed. In fact, they're so excited, they're headed down tonight!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katie 👽