84

After a while of Avery trying to get her small hat onto Chris, she wanted to go back to Tim. But, Tim was eating and Avi wasn't going to let her keep him from his food.

"Avi, I can eat and hold her at the same time," Tim suggested. He didn't like watching Avery whine and cry.

"Yes, but she also has to learn that you can't always take her and be there," Avi explained. He wasn't trying to be mean, although it probably seemed that way to Avery.

After a few minutes of getting no where with her daddy, Avery looked around at all the people, trying to decide who she could be passed to next. Adam was a choice, but he had his own daughter. Austin was another option, and so was Rob.

She held her arms out to Austin's direction, and made a grunting noise to get his-- or Chris'-- attention.

Austin's eyes wandered over to the little girl, and he smiled when he saw her tiny arms reaching for him.

"Hey there," he said as he gently took her from Chris. "Tired of Chris?"

Avery obviously wasn't sure what he said, but she heard Chris's name, so she just simply nodded. Austin laughed and sat her in his lap while he continued a conversation.

She was bored, and had nothing to do. All there was to do, was stare around and look at all the giants eat and yell at each other.

Something caught her eye, and when she looked down at the object, she giggled. Blocks were scattered on a blanket which covered the ground, and Cerise tried stacking them, although they just kept tumbling because she couldn't quite get them leveled.

Avery looked up at Austin, and then tried sliding from his arms. She managed to succeed, but her body impacted with the ground, and she began to cry.

Her eyes watered, and then she whimpered, letting her tears out as she cried not too loudly.

She had lost her hat, and something on her body hurt from where she fell, and she couldn't see out of her little glasses because they were dirty.

Tim heard the crying, and when he looked up, he almost had a fit.

"Shit," he mumbled and threw his plate on Avi's lap. He stood up and practically ran to his daughter and also Austin who was now trying to get her glasses off.

"How do you let her fall from your lap?" Tim grumbled and moved Austin out of the way.

"Calm down," Austin mumbled back as he gently tubbed the glasses on his shirt.

Tim sat on the ground, and pulled Avery into his lap. He rubbed her back, because he wasn't sure where she fell.

"It's okay, baby girl." He held her close to him, making sure she was safe from getting hurt any further.

Her crying finally ceased, and when she lifted her head from Tim's chest, she remembered the blocks that she wanted to play with.

She turned her head, looking back at the toys that had been recently discarded by Cerise. Avery patted Tim's arm, and pointed to the blocks.

Tim also turned around, and then looked up at Adam. "Can she play...?"
Adam nodded. Avery clapped, and began reaching forward for the toys.

Tim smiled, and kissed the top of his daughters head. He wasn't too sure about leaving her alone now.

"Avi?" He called over to his husband. Avi stood and walked to the daddy and daughter, kneeling down.

"Yeah?"

"I think maybe we should go home.."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katie 👽