66

Avi and Tim sat in front of the fire, just watching the flames. Avi leaned against Tim and pulled the blanket tighter around his body.

"Cold?" Tim asked. Avi just shrugged in response, and moved closer to Tim. "What's wrong?"

Avi shook his head. "Nothing's wrong. I'm just cold and tired." He rested his head on Tim's shoulder and laid a hand on Tim's leg.

Tim set his empty mug on the floor and looked down at his husband. "Do you want to go get in bed? I bet it'll be a lot warmer."

Avi nodded. "That sounds like a good idea." He didn't move though. He figured if he stayed still long enough, Tim would just pick him up.

Tim caught on quickly, and let out a small chuckle. "You want me to carry you, huh?"

Avi smiled up at him. "Uh huh. That's what I want."

Tim shook his head and put their mugs in the kitchen before coming back and putting out the fire. He picked up Avi, making sure to keep the blanket around him, and they started to their bedroom.

"Here we are, you big baby," Tim smiled and laid Avi down on the bed.

Avi pulled the covers up over himself even though he had a blanket. He snuggled down into the pillow and let out a long sigh.

Tim got in bed next to him. He wrapped his arm around Avi's waist, and kissed his neck. "Are you getting warmer, darling?"

Avi giggled softly and nodded, his eyes closing. "I love you."

Tim smiled against Avi's skin, and he kissed his neck once more. "I love you too."

"Goodnight, Timmy."

"Night, angel."

_______________________________________

Kaytlyn 🦁