42

"Oh my gosh, you have so many clothes," Tim said rubbing his eyes. Avi was packing the clothes that they had come here to get. 

Avi smiled proudly, nodding his head. "I look good in 'em too." 

Tim laughed and shook his head. "You look good in anything." 

Avi blushed slightly, putting more clothes into suitcases. "Stop it," he said.

~~~

After saying their goodbyes, Avi and Tim were back on the road again. Tim could tell that Avi was a little sad about leaving his parents. 

"Don't be sad, darling," Tim said quietly. "Let's talk about the wedding." 

Avi smiled a little as he looked down at his engagement ring. "I want to be married as soon as possible," he whispered. Tim nodded in agreement, and then stayed quiet, realizing that Avi didn't really want to talk right now. 

"What's wrong?" Tim asked softly, his hand holding Avi's. 

"I just feel kinda bad for leaving my parents this time.. And like, actually leaving them. Meaning I'm no longer going to be a Kaplan," he explained quietly. "I don't know, it's stupid." 

Tim nodded in understanding, and then focused back on the road. 

Why was Avi so sad all of a sudden?

~~~

After a never-ending car drive, Tim and Avi finally arrived home. Avi grabbed some suitcases as Tim grabbed the rest of them. 

Tim had told the guys about proposing to Avi, and they were all going to surprise him. 

Tim unlocked the door and pushed it open for Avi, already smiling. Avi had no idea what was happening. 

Avi walked into the dark house, wanting nothing more than to go and lay down. He was tired, and he still felt bad. 

He flipped the lights on, flinching hard at the boys and their partners yelling and smiling. He turned and looked at Tim. 

"Thanks guys," he smiled weakly. He put the suitcases out of the way. 

"I'm tired," he whispered to Tim. "I'm going to bed." And with that, he slugged to his and Tim's room.

Austin watched him and then looked back at Tim confused. "Timmy?" 

"Uh huh?" Tim mumbled, worried about Avi. 

"What's wrong with Avi?" 

---------------------------------------------

Kaytlyn 🦁