31

**Unfortunately Katie couldn't update this chapter, so you're stuck with me. (evil laugh)

_________________________________________

The job started out kind of slow. Austin was showing Avi how to lift the bails without straining his back. Then he was showing him the correct way of stacking the hay bales.

Avi was working on Tim's side of the trailer and Austin was on Chris's side. Once Avi got the hang of what he was doing the job started to run more smoothly.

Tim was keeping a close eye on him to make sure he didn't over do it. He knew the city slicker was out to prove that he could hang with the big dogs. After a couple hours, he noticed that Avi was slowing down considerably and was really beginning to struggle.

"Alright. Break time, guys." Tim called out.

"Already?" Chris asked, throwing a bale on the trailer.

"Yep." Tim answered walking to the cooler and grabbing a couple of bottles of water. He sits down on a hay bale and motions for Avi, patting the bale beside him.

Avi climbs down from the trailer and plops down beside Tim, laying his head on Tim's shoulder.

Tim chuckles, kissing him on the forehead. "What's wrong, Sugar Pie?" You tired?"

Avi shoots him an exhausted look, grabbing a water bottle from him. He opens the bottle and downs half of it.

"Holy Moly! How do y'all do this all day long?" He ask after he caught his breath.

"It's not easy." Austin said, stooping down on the trailer taking a drink of water.

"My arms are so tired." Avi said laying his head back on Tim's shoulder.

"I'm so proud of you though." Tim said leaning over giving a kiss on Avi's nose. "I could tell you were losing steam."

"I'm sorry I let y'all down." Avi pouted.

"Hey, you didn't let us down, Avi. You worked your butt off." Chris said sitting on the trailer. "It's hard on us and we do it everyday, so I can just imagine how you're feeling right now."

"Hey y'all, I got an idea." Brad Paisley, the tractor driver spoke up. "I can give Avi a quick lesson on driving the tractor. He can drive and I'll stack with Austin."

Avi smiled like a child at Christmas. "Can I?" He looked at Tim.

Tim laughs at Avi's excitement. "Of course you can, Sweetie. It's a lot easier than what you were just doing."

"This is gonna be Rock and Roll!" Avi said climbing on the tractor with Brad.

All the guys laughed as they got off the trailer. Brad let Avi sit in the seat and he stood beside him. He started showing him the gears, brakes, accelerator etc. He showed him the speed he needed to be going. "Now you have Tim and Chris walking beside the trailer loading the hay bales. You have to go slow for them. You can't run off and leave them. All you have to do is stay in between the bales and keep an eye on those two guys. Which I'm sure you don't mind keeping an eye on Timmy." Brad laughed. Avi smiles and wiggles his brow.

Brad was letting Avi drive around the field a few times, he was catching on pretty fast.

"Hey guys, I need to talk to ya'll about something." Tim said lighting a cigarette.

Chris sat down beside Tim and Austin sat down on the ground.

"So what's up?" Austin ask.

"Umm.. after this job is done, uh...I'm not gonna work anymore. You might say I'm retiring." Tim said.

"But what about the band?" Chris ask.

"Oh, I'll still be doing that. Just work like this here. Avi talked me into just relaxing for awhile and taking it easy." Tim said rubbing his sore hands.

"Heck, I don't blame you one bit." Austin said, thumping a lady bug off his leg.

"I was afraid people would start saying I was only with Avi for his money." Tim said pulling at some hay.

"Screw em', besides, since when did Tim Foust care what people say." Austin said taking another drink of water.

"True. I think we're gonna take a couple of weeks vacation and maybe go to Gulf Shores or somewhere." Tim said watching Avi drive the tractor. "I've never seen the ocean."

"And you probably never will doing this for a living." Chris said.

They all nod in agreement.

__________________________________________

PLEASE VOTE & COMMENT!!!

** AMERICA!! **