70

~ About a month later ~

"Are you finished yet?" Avi asked as he walked into the nursery. Tim was finishing up the last of the room before they went to get their little girl.

Tim looked up and raised an eyebrow. "It'd go a lot faster if you'd help me," he said.

Avi giggled and moved over to his husband. "I like it when you get a little sassy. It's funny."

Tim stood up from his work and kissed Avi's forehead quickly before moving the small bed against the wall.

"Are you finished nooooow?" Avi smiled. Tim turned around to him and walked towards him.

"I am," he replied, kissing Avi softly before leaving the room quickly to put on shoes so they could leave.

Tim raised an eyebrow and looked at Avi. "Is that my shirt?"

Avi smiled and nodded cutely, flapping his arms at his sides. "Tis Timmy's shirt. Tis very comfortable. Tis a little big on Avriel."

Tim let out a short laugh and shook his head. "You're crazy, you know?"

~~~

"I assume you're excited?" Tim asked. He was quite amused at how his husband was practically bouncing in the passenger seat as they pulled into to adoption center.

Avi turned his head slowly to look at Tim. "You aren't?" He pouted and his face held a sad look.

Tim smiled. "I'm only kidding, honey. I'm beyond excited."

After parking, they walked into the place holding hands. They walked up to the small desk where the lady, who they'd become good friends with over the past month, was sitting.

She looked up when she heard people at her desk, and smiled when she saw the two men. "You guys ready to go see her?"

Avi nodded quickly, shaking with excitement. Tim rubbed his hand and kisses the back of it. "Will you calm down?" He chuckled.

Avi shook his head. "Nope. I will not."

They followed the women down the hallway and to the small nursery, where a helper was up feeding one of the babies.

She smiled and nodded politely at the couple. The front desk lady turned to the two and wore a big smile. "That's her," she pointed to the baby that was being fed.

Avi walked over first, Tim following quickly as he tugged at his shirt. The helper lifted the baby up to Avi, letting him take her from their arms.

Avi held her on his hip, looking down and into her big green eyes. She stared up at the two men, a little confusion written on her face.

Avi looked at Tim and smiled widely, turning his attention back to the little girl in his arms."Hey, you cutie," he took his other hand and brushed down the little hair she had on her head.

The baby looked up curiously, and then she began to babble and kick her feet and she giggled and bounced in Avi's arms.

"Awe, Timmy..." Avi giggled and handed her over to his husband.

She stopped and looked up at her other daddy, seeming to eye his chin more than anything else. She. started to smile and laugh again, reaching her hands up and grabbing his chin and the whiskers that were there.

Tim laughed and shook his head.

"Oh gosh, not the whiskers."

____________________________________

Katie 👽