Chapter 1

Salam. Bonjour. Hola. Hey. This is my first book as well as my first official chapter. I'm really excited and nervous at the same time. I really hope you enjoy my book. It's going to have some mistakes but please bear with me, and if you notice any don't be afraid to point them out. :) 

In each chapter, I will try to upload pictures of what I imagine my characters wearing. 

Lastly. Please vote, comment and share!!! Thank you!!! :) Tell me what you think so far!!! :)

Dedicated to MissMaiya1 - Thanks for helping me in the story! :) You've encouraged me to write this!!

________________________________________________________________________________

"Slow Down And Enjoy Everyday. Life Goes By Way Too Fast."

Afira's P.O.V

I heard my mum shouting outside of my room, "Afira! You're going to be late!" I immediately jumped up from my heavenly warm bed and rushed into the bathroom to take a  hot shower

I heard my mum shouting outside of my room, "Afira! You're going to be late!" I immediately jumped up from my heavenly warm bed and rushed into the bathroom to take a  hot shower. After a long time of fussing, I finally decided to wear a light purple skirt with a floral sweater and loosely wrap a purple scarf on my head. I looked at myself in the mirror.

"Looking good, baby," I winked at myself. 

I ran down and kissed my mum on the cheeks and hugged my dad. "Good morning ami. Good morning baba."

"Good morning beta." They both replied together.

" Afira beta. Come home quickly, please. Yad hai nah? Aj Sana ki shadi hai." Dad said as he read the newspaper.

"Ji Baba. Yad hai. I will come home quickly," I said with a grin; leaving saying goodbye.

Sana is my cousin; she's getting married today. Sana has an elder brother, Sameer, who I see as my own brother too. We were very close when we were kids and we still are. Sana, Aaliyah (my best friend). We could never spend a day without each other and our parents are pretty close too.

I arrived at my university. The University of Torian. I saw Aaliyah waiting for me near the gates. Aaliyah has long, straight, black hair that goes down her hips, which at the moment was tucked neatly into a braid. She was wearing a black skirt, with a black and white striped top, black bag and a pink around her neck. "Hey Ali," I said with a smile, we started walking.

"Hey Fee, I was waiting for you. We have class together and I have something to tell you." Aaliyah said with a frown. I could immediately detect something wrong. Normally Aaliyah is always cheery and playful. 

"Ali... what happened?" asked. We stopped walking.

She turned to face me and before she began to speak she took a big deep breath, "mum and dad want me to get married to a man I don't know... They want me to give my answer by this Friday..."

" You're getting married?!" I jumped up and down with excitement.

"You don't understand Fee... I don't want to get married at this age. I'm only 21." She sulked. 

"Come on Ali, if this is Allah's Will, to get you married off at this age then it's fine. Allah has everything planned out for you." I told her understandingly. She thought for a moment before she replied.

"Maybe- Maybe you're right. If this is all Allah's Will then I can't stop anything." She stopped and turned to smile at me, "Anyways, today's Sana's wedding, right?"

"Yeah, It is. Come over to my house with your clothes and we'll get ready and go together, okay?"

"Great! I can't wait!" She blew a loud whistle.

The hours passed by very quickly and before we could realise, it was the end of the day. Aaliyah and I quickly rode home with our cars.

I got home quickly, ran to my bedroom and got ready. The wedding theme colour is red and white. I had worn a red and white anarkali I bought a long red and blue one with a creamy coloured dupatta, I could never stick to theme colours. Right then Aaliyah entered my room. Yes- She doesn't knock when she enters my room, it's a habit. But I don't mind, my room is her room. 

Aaliyah spoke snapping me out of my thoughts. "Afira, you look amazing in that dress, I'll do your hair and makeup, okay?" I nodded.

Aaliyah had done my make-up: Red and gold eyeshadow, black thin eyeliner and bright shade of red matte lipstick. Aaliyah had also curled my thick dark brown hair. 

"Look at yourself in the mirror, Fee. You look mind-blowing! I'm sure all the guys will be giving you their full attention today." She grinned at me saying the last bit, I softly slapped her upper arm, playfully.

"Shut up Aaliyah. Now it's your turn to get ready, go and wear your dress and quickly and come back so I can then do your makeup." Aaliah had returned from the bathroom in ten minutes wearing her simple red anarkali, which had thick black borders.

"Aaliyah. I love the dress. It looks beautiful on you, MashAllah." Aaliyah flushed pink.

"Alight, save it. Just do my hair and make-up." She ordered. 

"Yes, boss."

I got started on Aaliyah's makeup, she had the same makeup done as me. I straightened her hair, which looked like a birds nest before. I think she was rushing, otherwise, her hair is literally straight. "Magic!" I grinned joyfully at Aaliyah.

"MashAllah Afira. We both look amazing! Ready to score guys?" She asked looking at me amused.

"Astaghfirullah Aaliyah! Let's get out and go to Sana quickly. She's waiting for us."

We got to the wedding hall in thirty minutes, considering that Aaliyah was driving above the normal speed limits. Luckily no one caught us. I ran into Sana's room and embraced her in a tight hug. "Sana! Habibti!" Sana giggled. I'm half Indian and half Arabic. But I speak Hindi and the only Arabic word I know is 'habibiti'.  She was wearing a red and white lehenga, her light brown hair was in a curly bun and she has on such simple, yet expensive jewellery.

"How do I look?" Sana asked.

"Do you really need to ask, girl?"Aaliyah shoved past me. 

"MashAlla, beautiful," I said. Next thing I knew was I was in a hug with Aaliyah and Sana. Sana and Aaliyah were both crying. 

"Can we stop crying, please? Because I put on mascara and I really cannot let it smudge my cake. Not today. I need to take selfies first." We all stopped hugging and looked at Aaliyah. 

"Really, cow?"

"Don't call me that, frog legs!" Aaliyah shot back at Sana.

"Kids... Not today," I separated both of them. "Let's get you down now Sanu." 

We swiftly fixed up ourselves and took Sana down. Aaliyah on one side and me on the other. The wedding was about to begin.

~ AyshaHun