Chapter 4

This may be my favourite chapter so far, I don't know. I just feel the sparks here. 

Anyways, do enjoy, and above is how I imagine Hussain's car to be.

Dedicated to messy_ponytails

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"God knew one Mom couldn't handle both of us so he made us as best friends."

Afira's P.O.V

It was time for Sana to leave. Not one person's eyes were dry after all Sana was a very caring girl, and everyone would miss her. She was going away very far, but she was going away far from her normal home that was filled with her parents and her brother and into a new home, to have a new beginning. 

Sana hugged everyone one by one until she got to me. "Afira, you're the greatest friend and cousin anyone could ever ask for," Sana said trying to control her tears.

"Sana, I'm really going to miss you," I hugged her, tightly. "And I know you'll make your in-laws proud." Tears fell from my eyes freely, and all I wanted to know was cage them in. I hated crying in front of people, damn me. 

We hugged each other for a whole 5 minutes until Nafisa khala (Sana's Mom) tapped us, "Afira, it's time to let her go." I could see the tears forming in her eyes all over again.

 We all took Sana to her car, which will take her to her new place, her new home, to her in-laws. We all bided Sana goodbye. I went outside to the garden just to cool down, leaving everyone else inside to talk. I wiped my tears and rubbed my face to try and make it seem like I didn't cry.  I sniffed. "Here. A napkin. To wipe your tears." I turned around to see Hussain handing me a napkin. I shook my head indicating that I didn't want a napkin, I wasn't bothered to use my voice just in case my voice came out in a croak. "Take it. I know you're upset. But you can visit her, I'm sure Aaquil will let you, he's a really nice person and I'm sure he will keep Sana very happy." Was he trying to cheer me up? Can he just leave? 

Politely, I took the napkin from Hussain, "Thank you." I turned to leave when he called out my name.

"Afira." I turned to face him. "It was really fun dancing with you. I think I particularly enjoyed it when you fell on the floor." I rolled my eyes at him but let out a small laugh.

"You're an idiot," I told him.

"Sure princess, whatever gets you to cheer up." Could he stop trying to cheer me up? It's getting a bit too warm in here. 

"Whatever, I've got to go home. Nice to see you again Hussain. Tell Chacha ji and Chachi ji I said Khudha Afiz." I started walking again until he called out my name. What does he want now?

"I'll drop you off at your house." He said.

"No, no. No need for that. Aaliyah and I are going together, and we will manage."

"Aaliyah left with her Mom, I saw her leaving. She wasn't feeling well so she decided to go home. I'll just go tell Dad I'm dropping you off." Before I could say anything, he started walking towards the hall. Aaliyah left without me? Why? She owns me another container full of halwa, no maybe two or three containers full of halwa. Why can't I get a ride from him?

I went to the hall and heard Usma Chacha ji agreeing to let Hussain drop me off. Hussain then came out and we got into his car. I admired his clean black Range Rover. I admired the stainless car and I noticed from the corner of my eyes Hussain grinning at me. Idiot. I still don't like you. We did up our seatbelts and drove off.

The car ride was silent, not awkward. A very comfortable silence. Well for me it was since I fell asleep. I can fall asleep anywhere. Not my fault. Blame the comfortability of the car. 

"Afira, we've arrived at your house." I heard a familiar voice calling up for me to get up. But I didn't want to get up. Can't people allow me to sleep?

"Five more minutes. Please?" I begged.

"If you want me to carry you and dump you in the garbage bin then carry on sleeping." I continued to keep my eyelids shut and pretend I didn't hear a thing. However, I felt strong hands come around my waist and I instantly shot my eyes open.

"What are you doing?" I asked cluelessly, with a hint of fear in my voice. 

"I mean, I did tell you I would carry you and chuck in the bin." I gave him a horrified look. "Sorry for waking you up princess. I know how girls love to sleep in my car, but your house is here." 

"First and foremost, stop calling me princess, secondly why have girls been sleeping in your car?" I queried. 

"First and foremost," he copied me, jerk, "would you want me to call you babe or princess, and secondly, are you jealous, babe?" He whispered the last part in my ear. Shivers ran down my spine and I suddenly felt so cold. 

"Want to come and sit down?" I asked, considerately.

"No thank you, maybe next time."

"Thanks for the ride. Good night Hussain." I broke the silence and looked away from me, so he wouldn't realize his sudden effect on me. 

"Good night, princess, see you soon," He waved at me with a smile. 

"Hopefully not so soon," I called out with a yawn. I looked back saw him still outside of his car, waiting for me to get into my house. What a gentleman? I started blushing while remembering Hussain calling me princess. I need to stop. Astaghfirullah. What is he doing to me?

I locked my front door and went upstairs to my room, a from my bedroom window I watched Hussain drive off. I quickly changed into something comfortable and texted my mum that I had come home safe with Hussain. I headed straight to bed and dozed off to sleep. 

~AyshaHun