Chapter 3

Dedicated to mehermaliha

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance."

Afira's P.O.V

 My best Aaliyah climbed onto the giant pink lighted stage. 

"Good evening everybody. My name is Aaliyah. The bride's best friend, who is right over there," Aaliyah pointed at Sana who gave all the staring eyes a big smile and then quickly looked down. "So, I thought to spice things up here, and let everybody have a little more fun." Aaliyah gave an evil grin which got everyone muttering. "Don't worry, don't worry, nothing too much. We are going to be doing a little dance game!" Everyone cheered, and Aaliyah looked on proudly. "I am going to pick a girl from this bowl at random and a boy from this bowl at random. And, from this bowl, I am going to pick the theme of the song, or a film or an actor or actress and you must dance to a song relating to that. Example love or Houseful 2 or Katrina Kaif. Then the pairs have to come up to the stage and dance together." Aaliyah explained the game and earned a cheer from the crowd. 

Deep inside I prayed and hoped my name wasn't in that bowl. Imagine dancing with a random weird guy.

"And by the way everyone's name is here." She said, eyeing me. "Now let's start the game... Let me ruffle the names..." She ruffled the names in the bowl as all waited impatiently. "And the first dancers are Millie and Raja and their topic is on comedy!" Everyone cheered and clapped as Millie and Raja got up on the stage (may I add I have no idea who half of these humans are).

 The game turned out to be amusing, some made us laugh and some left us awestruck. How did I not know we had great dancers in this family? Everyone was having so much fun. 

"Now the last dancers for the day are..." Aaliyah announced through the mic, she picked up two names from the bowls and the topic of the song, she gulped before announcing the names. "Basically, err- Our final dancers are... Hussain and..." Everyone clapped and cheered, not allowing her to announce the name of the unlucky girl. I looked back at Hussain whose biscuit dropped in his tea after hearing his name. He looked at him and I stuck out my tongue. I drank my fizzy coke with a smirk playing on my face. Lovely. 

"And the girl is... Afira! With the topic being Salman Khan!" Everyone hooted and applauded, whilst I choked on my drink and wished it would lead to my death. But it didn't. I mustered up the courage within me and looked behind me to see Hussain. He lifted his glass filled with water with a smirk and I returned his gesture with a beautiful eye roll. 

 Hussain came over to me and pulled me to the back of the stage. 

"Listen, buddy, we are going to have as limited contact possible and keep your distance!" I exclaimed.  

"Fine with me, I prefer to get close with pretty girls."

I raised an eyebrow, "nasty boy." 

"I didn't mean it like that!" He whined.

"Whatever let's get this over and done with. And we're dancing to Chal Pyar Karegi, it's the only dance step I know and it's easy." I pulled him along with me before he could start protesting about my song choice. 

 So far, we were doing well, we did have some comedy in our dance, and that's only because Hussain decided to drop me a couple of times. And that wasn't part of our choreography! Thus, anytime I could, I would sneakily step on his toes, leading him to fall to the ground. Our dance had ended ten seconds ago, and Hussain was outside bowing and waving to the audience as if he was some sort of pop star. Pff. Loser. I rubbed my back and groaned due to the pain I was in. 

"How was your meeting with the floor?" Hussain suddenly asked behind me.

"I could ask you the same thing, hun." I shot back quickly. 

"Not as remarkable and funny as yours, princess." He laughed off. 

"Swear, he is actually a cow, as well as my best friend. Both cows," I spoke to myself out loud. 

"Hey, baby!" Aaliyah called out to me. 

"Baby meri jooti," I ran up to her and shoved her. 

"Carefully, I got you halwa." She took a container out, which was hidden behind her dupatta. 

"Halwa?!" My eyes widened with love.

"Sorry, for making you go on stage, I didn't want to." She said guiltily. 

"All shall be forgiven if you give me the halwa." I jumped excitedly like a little child. 

"Done," Aaliyah handed me the container which had a plastic spoon inside and I stuffed my face with the carrot halwa. Thank you, Allah, for this beautiful food. 

"You are forgiven." I hugged her and pushed her away again to eat some more. 

~ AyshaHun