Chapter 2

Dedicated to anavlad69 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm not shy, I'm holding back my awsomeness, so I don't intimidate you."

Afira's P.O.V

"Qubul hai," Sana said quietly,  for the third time. Finally accepting her husband, the love of her life. 

We all led Sana into a room to get her cleaned up after all the tears she let escape. Sana's mum opened the door and she immediate grabbed hold of her daughter and kissed her forehead. It was becoming emotional, I wiped the corner of my eyes, making sure I let not a single drop of my pearls drop out. I went over and patted Sana's mum, "Kala, it's okay. I know that Aaquil will always keep her happy."

"I know," Kala sobbed.

 After a couple minutes they eventually broke off, "Aaliyah beta, can you go get the food from downstairs in the kitchen. We're all going to be eating in here." My mum said, appearing from thin air. 

"Mum?" I said, confused. 

"We'll eat in here with Sana too, right Afira?" Aaliyah said looking for my approvable; I nodded. 

"But aunty, I don't want to go down, I want to stay here with Sana," Aaliyah whined. 

"Mum, I'll go." I volunteered.

"Thanks, beta. The food is int he kitchen!" She shouted out as I went down. 

 I arrived in the kitchen and a heavenly mouth-watering scent entered my nostrils and I let out a groan. 

"Damn it, biryani." I groaned. I tiptoed into the kitchen and grabbed a little container of halwa (Indian sweet) and a plastic spoon. I dug into the container and stuffed my mouth with halwa. 

"Damn it again. This is so good," I moaned with a mouthful of halwa. 

From the distance I heard someone let out a chuckle, my eyes widened in fear and my mind screamed: "abort!" Suddenly, someone entered into the kitchen. He was tall, fair, he had a little stubble. His hair was a rich and silky dark chocolate, matching his eyes. I gulped as my eyes scanned him.  

"You have halwa on the corner of your mouth," his voice was gentle but manly. My fingers brushed my lips removing the halwa. 

I grabbed the plate of food and dashed out- Until I decided it was great time to slip on my beautiful embroidered dupatta. Nonetheless, my butt did not crash and connect with the marble floor. He had snaked his left arm around my waist and his left was holding the plate.

 I was so shocked at the situation. But I instantly got up and rushed out of the kitchen without glancing back. Of course, taking the plate with me. Can't leave the food. Just then he called out to me. "Hey, at least say a thank you for preventing you from breaking your bones."

I mustered everything in me and looked back at him, "Thank you." And I sprinted like there was no tomorrow. 

Everyone had eaten and we were all going down to party. Everyone was happy and greeting each other. Mum tapped me on my shoulders, "your baba is calling you, he wants you to meet someone special." I nodded and went downstairs.

"Afira! Down here!" Baba called out from the other side from where I was. I went down and he introduced me to his friend.

"AsalamWalykum uncle," I greeted a man with light brown hair, with only a few grey strands. He had a small moustache and brown eyes that looked familiar. 

"WalyakumSalam beta." The man replied politely.

"Beta, this is my best, best friend Usma. He's like a brother, not to mention my lovely business rival." They both laughed, and I stood there, still, awkwardly. 

"Afira, you've grown up so fast. I remember when you were so tiny. And the way you use to scream at Hussain and Zain all the time." Again, both of the men laughed about something I didn't get, so I just smiled. 

"Dad, uncle, I got you both drinks," I heard a familiar voice. I looked to meet eyes of the same person who had their arms around me. I narrowed my eyes him, but he raised his eyebrows, looking extremely amused. 

"Hussain, this Afira, remember her?" My dad asked him, whilst taking the drink from his hand. 

"How could I forget Afira?" He grinned. 

"Well, I don't know who you are, buddy," I muttered under my breath. 

"Pardon?" He asked, regaled.

"Nothing," I said quickly.

"Oh look, Zain and Zara are here! And both of our wifes'." I looked at Hussain's mother, she had a kind smile on her lips and very heavy pink saree wrapped around her body. Mum and Hussain's mum both looked like they were enjoying their gossip, lucky them. I remember Zain being the little baby in the family. He was a grown man now, broad shoulders, the same eyes as his mother, hazel, and silky brown hair. 

"Afira?!" He excitedly embraced me in a hug.

"Zain?!" I patted his back. "How are you?" 

"I'm good, you?!" He asked back.

"Good, good." 

"Hi, I'm Zara." She waved at me and I went over to hug her. Her daughter was shyly behind her daddy, Afak. We broke off and she introduced me to her daughter, Hafsa. Hafsa is five-year-old. I remember hearing Zara was adopted by Usma uncle's sister after her parents died in a car crash. 

"Usma, after so long we've reconnected. We.'ll be spending more time together." My dad said. 

"We are?- I mean, we are." I forced a smile, but inside I was not looking forward to reconnecting with Hussain.

~AyshaHun