Chapter 14

Please vote, comment and share! Thank you! xx

Dedicated to SalmaKassim

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Everything you want is in the other side of fear."

Afira's P.O.V

  We had split up in order to look for Tallaha. Nevertheless, no luck. I only pray that one of the others had found her. 

"Tallaha. Where are you? Please try to shout." I pleaded with sadness lingering in my voice. 

I carried on walking straight until I heard Joe's voice. "Where are you little pumpkins?" He cooed.  

My heart beat rate increased, maybe five times quicker. I had to get out of here before I got caught. I ran back without taking a look back. I ran for another minute or so in order to get away from Joe. I didn't want to turn back and look, just in case he was behind me. Unknowingly, I bumped into a solid hard wall. I pulled my palms in front of me and started feeling this wall until I realised I was touching up a human being. Before I had a chance to look up and scream this person's hands were cuffed around my mouth. Panic was rising inside of me, all that came into my mind was: Joe has caught me. But, this person pulled me into the wall hugging, still holding my mouth. My eyes were as wide as saucers as I felt his arms tighten around me. I tried pushing Joe off me but his arm only held me tighter. I stepped onto his toes and pushed him back. I glanced up and saw... Hussain? What on Earth...?

He let go of me, "why the hell were you hugging me and holding my mouth? Are you obsessed with my mouth or something? 

"As gross as that sounds, no, I'm not obsessed with your mouth. But why the hell did you step on my toes?" Hussain asked angrily.

"Well... I heard Joe hunting for us, so I ran and bumped into a wall. And turns out that was you. And did I mention that you scared the absolute crap out of me because no-one in their right minds grabs a person like that?" I exclaimed.

"I was trying to save you... Joe was calling out for us, you bumped into me, I grabbed you, held your mouth because I knew you would scream." Hussain explained.

"Well, you could've said it was you, you little fool!" I said.

"I was saving you, ungrateful beast!" He yelled.

"You're the one with the hard chest, my head hurts." I moaned.

"I'm pretty sure you'll survive." Hussain rolled his eyes.

"Er, guys, we're here." Everyone said with a tired expression. 

"Guys! Tallaha!" I immediately ran and hugged Tallaha. "Sweetie! How are you? Did anything happen to you?" 

"No, I'm good. Zain rescued me," she beamed at Zain and everyone praised him. 

"It's ten o'clock," Husain said out of the blue.

"I'm sure Ami noticed were late, she must be worried," Sana said, about her mother-in-law.

"Or... They must've noticed, called each of our parents gathered together, called the police to inform them it's been an hour and we're still not home." I said with a grin.

"Of course!" Zain exclaimed in joy.

"Bhai, do you think there's network here to call dad and mom?" Zain inquired his brother.

"Let me check," Hussain said checking his iPhone X.

"Stop checking smart one. Obviously, there's going to be no network." I said, pointing out the clearly obvious.

"How do you know?" Hussain asked, raising his eyebrows in curiosity.

"I'm pretty sure they're not that stupid, why would they have a network here? It would make their job harder. Besides, we see it in films and books too." Hussain checked his phone and shook his head.

"The weirdo's right. No network." He said.

 I raised an eyebrow, "I think you mean genius, not a weirdo." 

  I pressed my hands tighter and harder against my deep cut to try and stop the pain. "Khuda Ki Kasam, my arm is killing me. I think I'm going to die," I complained.

"I don't think it's an appropriate time to make jokes about death," Hussain stated. 

"Keep a little bit more faith in Allah, He won't let you down," Sana said shortly.

"You got cut in your hand, how come you're not complaining?" I asked Sana.

"Your cut is deeper than mine, do you have a cloth that I can tie around your arm to stop the bleeding?" Sana asked me, I shook my head. Hussain dug into his back pocket and took out a blue napkin. He handed it to Sana and she wrapped it around my arm to stop the bleeding.

"Thank you Hussain and Sana," I said gratefully. 

"I think I lost 2 or 3 stones today," Zain muttered under his breath. I chuckled quietly, it's so funny even in the situation we're not giving up hope on our Lord, the Almighty, and we're having a little fun.

We were all huddled together like little birds staying close to their mother, frightened of the world outside.

"When are we going home?" Aaliyah asked tiredly.

"As soon as we find the stupid exist," Ibrahim answered. 

"I'm really sleepy, do you think we can take a break for ten minutes or so?" I asked everyone.

"I don't think you can... Maybe later when I shoot you, then you can sleep a much as you want." We all turned around to see who just spoke, even though we recognized the voice very well. My eyes met with Amy's eyes and I saw Joe and Eddie right beside her. We were all petrified. Adrenaline is activating my sympathetic nervous system, making my heart beat faster, diverting blood to my muscles and away from my gut.  

"Fúcking hell. Kill me." I quietly cried, but soon I realized what I said I regretted it. I bit my lips and turned to face Hussain. "Sorry," I muttered.

"Fine. Your wish is my command." Amy held the gun in her hand, pulling back the trigger. My heart beat in my chest, pounding, banging, trying to get out. I felt as though my blood were on fire. How could I be so stupid?

"Say goodbye to your friends." Said Joe with a wicked look. I closed my eyes tight hoping this was all a prank, Sana and Aaliyah held my hand, squeezing it tight. Any second now my life will be completely over. Actually incompletely over- because I left everything in my life incomplete. Love, marriage, education, career. Everything. 

"Any last words?" Amy asked me, I couldn't speak. What could I even say? Spare me? I don't think they would have any mercy, they are killers after all.

"Don't you dare." Aaquil menaced Amy, with his index finger pointing up.

"Whatever... Since you have no last words let's get this over and one with." Amy snickered. I shut my eyes and breathed in and out, ready for whatever that was about to hit me. I heard the trigger go back, and the sound of the bullet flying into the air, aiming for its target.

~AyshaHun