Chapter 18

Hello my fellow reader! :P I am very sorry I was not able to update... I was very sick, I had and still have a really bad cold. :( But that's not the end, I have TONS of homework, revision and exams. :( Painful, right? You have no idea what I'm going through... But I've managed to update a small chapter. YAY ME! :P Please be really kind and vote, comment and share, as I always ask. Thank you! :D xx

Also, thank you @sobia08 for caring! Love you!!!! :P

Afira's, Sana's, Tallaha's and Aaliyah's outfit at the top!!!!

Dedicated to shehashezha 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Life goes on... Whether you choose to move on and take a chance in the unknown. Or stay behind, locked in the past, thinking of what could've been."

Hussain's P.O.V

  A little later Afira's brown eyes fluttered open. Her eyes adjusted to the light in the room and then her eyes focused on everyone in front of her with confusion. 

"Ammi" Afira called out. 

"I'm right here," Afira's mom held out her hand to Afira, "I'm right here," she repeated with worry. 

"What happened?" Afira asked, not remembering anything.

"You fainted." I said, her eyes turned to me, wanting to go in detail, "don't worry, you only went unconscious for an hour, due to stress."

"Oh," Afira said. Afira got up from her sleeping position and at on the bed."

"We'll go bring you something to eat," Mum said, dragging everyone out, leaving the Afira and me alone. 

"I'll come with you-" I tried to say.

"Hussain, if you come with us who will keep an eye on Afira?" Mum said, rolling her eyes at me. 

"I'm fine aunty," Afira stated.

"No you're not, Hussain, keep an eye on her. Let's go, everyone." Mum walked out of the room, and everyone followed him out. 

"Well this is fun," I muttered. 

"I'm fine," Afira claimed.

"Ok." 

"No really, I am."

"Ok."

"Ok."

"Ok." 

I sat down beside Afira, she shifted a little. 

"I told you not to overthink," I explained to Afira.

"I wasn't." 

"It's all in the past, all we can do now is move on." 

"I am." 

"Afira!"

"What?" She huffed.

"Can you listen to me?" I asked, trying not to sound annoyed. "It's going to be difficult to forget, but we have to try and move on, that's all we can do. And pray for the people who lost their lives."

Afira nodded. I let out a sigh. Did anything go inside her head? 

"You're right Hussain. But... Those people. They were innocent. They did nothing to them. No harm. Yet they got punished. That's not fair. And the way they died was... Gruesome! They died in front of our eyes. How could you possibly think that could be forgettable? They had no right to take anyone's life." She argued back, I sighed.

"I agree... But they were destined to die like this, right? Allah above made all the decisions. Who are we to interfere and who are they? They died in front of our eyes, we couldn't do anything then to save them but now we can pray for them. And those criminals will be punished by the law and by Allah himself." I saw Afira relax by what I had said, I hope this time she actually understands what I'm saying.

"Thanks, Hussain," I nodded.

"No problem, now please get some rest until your food arrives." 

"Alright, but can you pass me my phone, please?" Afira pointed towards the dressing table, where her iPhone was placed. 

"Of course, princess, at your service." 

Afria hit her head on the bed, "not again, not now."

"Why? Do you not like being called a princess?" 

"No! It sounds so gross! It's too sweet!"

"So you don't think you're sweet? Do you think you're sour?" I asked, teasing her.

"No! You don't get it!" Afira yelped making me laugh. 

"It seems like you two are having a lot of fun?" Mum came in with Afira's mum.

"No, we were just talking," Afira said immediately. 

"I know," mum said with a cheeky smile. 

"We are just glad you two are getting along, and not chewing each others heads off," mum chuckled.

"Mum..." I groaned. 

"What?" Mum answered, cluelessly. "Hussain, go away, help your dad with something, or your brother." Mum shooed me away, leaving the girls to have a chat alone. 

  I walked around the hall, thinking about everything that's happened. It feels unreal. It feels scary, every time I think about what we went through makes me sweat, my throat feels dry and I begin to shake. But I know I need to be brave for everyone. If I begin to show my fear then it'll only weaken the rest. I brush off my thoughts and smile. This time I smile for real because I know after we overcome this ugly chapter in our lives, we will become stronger and closer to each other. And I'm ready for that part. 

~AyshaHun

Have you voted? :P