Chapter 12

Short chapter.

Please vote, comment and share! Thank you!! xxx

My shoulders are aching...

Dedicated to saajida_rafique

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Do the thing you fear most and the death of fear is certain."

Hussain's P.O.V

I grabbed her wrist and spun her around, locking my eyes with her chocolate brown ones. My hands were cupped around her full rosy lips. She rolled her eyes in pure relief. 

I dropped my hands to my side and gave her a furious look. 

"You scared the crap out of me," Afira whispered. 

"Really? What about what you did back there? Running away like some hero?" I gritted my teeth in frustration. "Do you not understand? We need to stick together- please stop acting like a damn hero all the time."

"But-" 

Sanna didn't let her finish. "No Afira, Hussain's right. Don't run like that. It's dangerous," The whole gang behind me and they all wore the same expression as me: frustration. 

"Wow, sorry I was just trying to help a human that's this close to death," Afira pulled her thumb and index finger close together, nearly making an O. 

I was going to make another point when we caught a shriek. And then another one. 

It was a room close by us. We all quietly raced to the room, where there was the corpse of a young woman. She clutched on to her stomach where she had a knife plunged inside; blood was spilling out of her like a water fountain. Aaquil, Sana and Ibrahim scurried towards the woman to aid her, while the rest of us witnessed the scene. 

"What happened?" Sana asked the lady on the ground, swimming in her own black blood. 

"Listen... You're the last people left alive. Get out here. Be-Behind the wardrobe- A wooden door. Exist. Go-Go quickly." And that was her last word. She was gone. We all read our Duas and prayed to Allah swt to allow us to leave safely and to get justice for these innocent souls.

Aaliyah began to sob quietly. "Aaliyah are you ok?" Afira asked her, patting her friend's back, soothingly.

"There's just so much blood and dead people. I really can't take this anymore, Afira." Aaliyah's eyes began to droop as if she was going to loose conscious any minute now. "Guys! Aaliyah, not the best time to faint!" We all quickly gathered around them and Tallaha got a bottle of water for Aaliyah to take a sip. 

Aaliyah began to breathe heavily but then whispered: "I'm fine guys."

We all sighed in relief. 

"In my opinion, you should all leave her, and save yourselves. She looks weak and tired. Let her rest here." Our faces turn blue when we realize the unfamiliar but familiar voice. I could hear each of our hearts thumping in our chests as it tries to circulate more blood around our bodies. We look behind us and find exactly the person we needed to avoid. Eddie. 

"How can you take innocent lives just like that? Who do you think you are and who gave you the authority to do that?" Afira asked him, hurt and anger fused in her voice and body. 

"Me. Myself. And I." He gave her a dismissive look. He pointed the gun at each of us and gave us a crooked, sickening smile. "Oh! It's so hard! I can't decide who to shoot first?" He jumped excitedly which only disgusted us furthermore. 

"I hope you burn in hell," I muttered quietly, but loud enough for Eddie to hear.

"Did I just hear that you want to go first? Well, your wish is my command!" He pointed the gun at Hussain and we all let out a shocked gasp. "You know what? I've been taught to always kill the strong one, after that the rest is an easy target. They're all vulnerable. And to me, I see two strong ones, you and you." Eddie pointed the gun at me and then Hussain. "You both have guts." He walked around us, and then suddenly jerked Afira onto him. 

"Afira!" We screamed!

"Let her go right now!" I growled.

Eddies gun traced her jawline with his gun, and I could see her shiver. 

"Let go of me, you pathetic psychopath!" She spat. 

"You have very nice eyes." His compliment only made me throw up in my mouth. "By the way, aren't you the one who assaulted me? I knew I recognised you?" Afira tried to wiggle her way out, but it wouldn't be easy, especially when he was trying to do weird gun movements on her face. 

"Beautiful, I'm not going to let you go that easily. Not after what you've done," Eddie grinned. 

  My blood was boiling seeing Eddie hurt Afira. One of our wrong moves could potentially harm Afira. But not only was he hurting her but he was also calling her 'beautiful'. I thought I was only allowed to give Afira pet names, other than her best friends. I was planning on bouncing on him but Ibrahim gave me the look of 'that's- not- a- very- good- idea'. Afira was panicking, which was indicated by the big sweat beads on her forehead. I wasn't sure on how to get Afira away from him, but I knew I had to something very soon. 

"There's a mouse there!" I shouted. Aaliyah, Sana, Tallaha and Afira all jumped. And Zain shrieked and jumped behind Tallaha. Was he scared of mice? Allah. Are you kidding me? Zain really baffles me sometimes. Eddie released Afira in order to see where the 'mouse' was. The mouse trick seemed to have work. Afira quickly realised that there was no mouse so she pushed Eddie and ran. Before she could run any further Eddie tried to grab her with the gun in his hand, but Afira dodged him and tripped over a sharp object; her cutting upper arm. Afira shrieked in agony but managed to get away from the demon.

"You fúcking losers! You're all going to die!" Eddie shouted. Eddie shot into the air, frightening us all.  

Aaquil and Ibrahim shoved Eddie and I kicked his gun away from him. Zain took the girls to find a secure place for them to hide. Until Sana spoke, "We can't leave you guys here in this situation."

"Sana just leave!" Aaquil said, he then got punched in the stomach. Sana eyes widened and ran towards Aaquil.

"Sana!" Afira screamed, Aaliyah pulled Sana behind. 

-AyshaHun