Chapter 27

AsalamWalyKum to all my lovely reader! How have you all been? Sorry for not updating sooner, I guess I haven't been following my new year's resolution. Sorry... But this chapter is long, and it also teaches you all a lesson at the end. I've been very busy, that's my excuse I know, but it's true. I've got to work a lot just to pass and be on track. Please do understand. Here's a chapter to make up! :) Please vote, comment and share! Make me smile!!! :D Thank you!!! Enjoy reading! :) xx

Afira's outfit at the top.

Dedicated to HussainMeriJaan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"A real man never hurts a woman. Be careful when you make a woman cry because God counts her tears. The woman came out of a man's rib, not from his feet to be walked on, and not from his head to be superior, but from his side to be equal, under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved."

Afira's P.O.V

 Often when kids get the 'talk' their very nervous, I was getting the 'talk' too, however not about intercourse, how babies are made or anything else, but it was about my actions towards the heir of the Asif family. Ammi was very upset, she never expected this from me, but what could I say, Hussain always brought out the worst in me.

"Afira, pay attention." My mother snapped.

"Ji, I am paying attention." I mumbled.

"Oh really? Please repeat what I've just said. Maybe just 15 seconds ago?" Ammi insisted, I hesitated for a second.

"Let me repeat myself Afira; try to listen," my dad coaxed, "Your uncle, Usma and I have decided that... Hussain and you are no longer getting married, it's for the best." I promptly looked up to my parents to check if they were serious. In fact, they were. This must be a dream. I'm no longer going to be the wife of a demon. This must be a miracle, only Allah knows. Nevertheless, I remembered my parents, they wanted me to get married to Hussain, they looked unsettled. I was about to speak when my mother restricted me from doing so.