Chapter 5

• Αφιερωμένο στον/ην iqraAli11

Please. Please. Please. Vote, share and comment!!!! Thank you very much!!!!!!!

Afira's and Aaliyah's outfit at the top!!!!

Dedicated to iqraalibutt

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Family... Where life begins and love never ends."

Afira's P.O.V

I rolled to the left side of the bed where my eyes met the strong rays of the afternoon sun. I held my right hand to protect my eyes and with my other hand, I dug into my pillow, searching for my phone. I switched on my Samsung mobile and saw it was one o'clock. I sighed in satisfaction knowing I had slept more than I needed to. I had a bad habit of waking up in the afternoon, but it made me feel good, I felt healthy and alive!

Suddenly, my moment of feeling alive was interrupted, none other than my dear Aaliyah. "Hey Fee," she said in a sing-song voice as she sat down on my bed. I quickly put the silky duvet over my head, shutting her out. "Oi! Don't do that!"

"Why?" I sulked.

"I'm sorry, man. Actually, Ibrahim was there, mom told me he's one of Aquil's and Hussain's close friend's. He was actually there at Sana's wedding." The name of my enemy automatically made me roll my eyes.

"So what if he was there? You could've texted me at least!"

"I know, but my phone died due to taking so many wedding pictures," she shrugged her shoulders, leading me to roll my eyes again, but this time at her. "Fee, you've got to understand. At this moment in time, I just want to avoid him. I'm just not ready to talk to him at the moment."

I scooched towards her and patted her back, "it's okay. I understand."

"Thanks, Fee. Oh, by the way, I bought you fresh croissants from the bakery, but I ate one of the ways because I got hungry," she gave me a lopsided smile. I took the bag from her hands and opened it, letting the fresh baked smell hover in the air.

"Thanks, babe."

"Anyways, how did you get home?"

I took a large bite out of the soft croissant and spoke, "I got a lift from Hussain."

"Your long lost best friend?"

I laughed, "yeah, that's the one, I mean we use to absolutely love making each other's time hell. Total besties." I said sarcastically.

"So nothing happened between the two of you?" Aaliyah wriggled her perfectly shaped eyebrows.

"Nope." Nothing apart from a few butterflies and a few sweetness. But Astaghfirullah, those need to end this minute because hell is hot. And I know my butterflies only indicated my hunger, and I'm one hundred per cent certain.

"Nothing?" I shook my head which got me a bored expression from her. "Man I was expecting something super juicy. But whatever, babes."

I shrugged at her disappointment. We both then decided to head downstairs.

Aaliyah and I were in the living room flicking through the channels on the television.

"Aaliyah? Afira?" We turned around and saw mom, with her hair wrapped in a white towel.

"AslamWalaykum Aunty." Aaliyah greeted.

"WalayakumAslam. You both remember you have to go to Sana's in-laws with Sameer and Tallaha to check on Sana and maybe help out with her walima?" I completely forgot!

"Oh, I totally forgot. This is what happens when I keep talking to you," Aaliyah pointed at me and stuck her tongue out.

"Oh! This is why you're looking so dazzling today." Aaliyah gave me a toothy grin and got up to give me a twirl. Aaliyah was wearing a black and peach Indian suit with a black headscarf.

"Afira, check me out later, first go and take a shower. Wear something nice and then we're going to pick up Sameer Bhai and Tal. Go!" I scrambled up to my room and took a quick shower, meaning by I spent 30 minutes in the hot water thinking about life. I quickly wore my Indian suit, which was navy blue at the top then pink and sequence at the bottom. I tried to brush my hair but it was hopeless so I just did my navy blue head scarf and with that Aaliyah and I got into her car to pick up Tallaha and Sameer Bhai. 

We collected Tallaha and Sameer Bhai and arrived at Sana's new house. We all took a deep breath rang the doorbell, to which Sana opened the door to. 

"Fee! Ali! Bhai! Tal!" She embraced each of us individually. 

"AsalamWalaykum," Sana's mother-in-law walked in and greeted us, and then four big figures walked behind her. It was Aquil, Hussain, Zain and Ibrahim.

"WalaykumAsalam," we replied in unison. I could feel Aaliyah next to be fidgeting and keeping her gaze low. 

"I'm so glad you all came, Sana was missing you all," Aunty Hawa (Sana's mother-in-law) patted Sana's back. "Since you're all here please do stay." 

"Oh no, we're only here to check up on Sana and maybe give you a little hand." Sameer Bhai said. 

"Oh, that's so kind of you. How about you three girls," pointing at Aaliyah, Tallaha and me, "help Sana dress up and make her look stunning! And Sameer, come along with me and the boys." We followed her instructions and went to our directed departments. 

~AyshaHun