Chapter 41

Ahem. Ahem. Salam. Yes. Here I am again. Sorry for these EXTREMELY SLOW updates. But I'm trying. Trying to keep my life steady. But what can I do? After all, I am just an 14 year old young girl. A confused girl. But forget all that. I've updated! So you can enjoy reading this chapter. Hopefully you'll love this chapter. It took me really long writing this chapter, I had to think of the setting and the music and so on. But it's finally done! :)

Above is what Afira is wearing today! :)

Please comment, vote and share! Thank you! :)

Dedicated to hANiyAKhaN123

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"When it's time for you to venture out, don't let fear have you looking back at what you're leaving behind."

Afira's P.O.V

   I discharged myself from the family crowd and went up to the terrace. I felt suffocated in there. I was lying to my family that I was happy. But more importantly I was lying to myself. But I consumed myself, if Hussain can do this then so can I. However, for now I'll just stay here and just loosen up a little. I sucked in the beautiful fresh air, the sun was slowly setting, the sky was dyed a pomegranate pink colour, my eyes drifted to the hill beneath me which had a couple of daffodils lying on top of it. An automatic smile spread across my face seeing what Allah had created... I wrapped my hands around myself as the cool breeze passed by me, I searched for my phone, then remembered I left it with Sana. "Uff. Kya Afira? If you're going to be staying up here for a while, then why didn't you bring your phone?" I talked to myself. Without thinking I started singing, as I had nothingelse to do.

"Laljanj Ke Lalbad Se Lal Chunariya Layi

Chunnari Chunnari...

Chunnari Chunnari...

Singing was one of my hobbies, a secret hobby that I only shared with my friends.

Lal Rang Mein Daal Daal Ke Lal Lal Rangvayi

Chunnari Chunnari...

Chunnari Chunnari...

Aja Na Chule Meri Chunnari Sanam

Kuch Na Maein Bolun Tujhe Meri Qasam

Aayi Jawaani Sar Pe Mere

Tere Pe Kya Karun Jawaani Pe Raeham, Haye.

Chunnari Chunnari..."

I heard someone stumble behind me and turned around to find Hussain there.

"Huss-" He cut me off

"Please tell me you were not the one singing," he pleaded.

"Me? Uhh- No-"

"It was you!" He explained, "No way! No. Freaking. Way!" He yelled, making me flinch.

"Sorry..." I said with a confused expression.

"Why are you sorry? You were amazing! Why didn't you tell me you can sing?! My wife is talented, huh?" He commented making me chuckle.

"I'm not your wife yet."

"Whatever, I still can't believe that was you." He said shaking his head.

"Can you stop? You're creeping me out," I said, feeling awkward.

"We're going to have such talented kids!" Hussain said proudly, I looked at him with complete shock on my face.

"Wh... What?" I asked.

"I'm talented, your talented; that equals talented kids. Right?" He explained to me, as if I was his student, who he was helping to solve a maths question with.

"Err..."

"Oh. Umm... Sorry?" He said sheepishly, I looked down, my cheeks were heating up. I could feel it. "I wanted to ask you something," Hussain said, I nodded. "I feel like all this is too difficult for us..." I gave him a baffled look, "These ceremonies, the wedding. It's too much for us to handle. Especially if it's all fake." I gulped. Was he asking me to break this off? "I was thinking... We quit the fake marriage thing..." I bite my bottom lips, stopping myself from crying. "I want this to be real." I look at him, surprised.

"What?" I asked, stupidly.

"I want us to be happy. I can't live in a fake married life, neither can you. So why don't we quit this and actually marry each other, accepting each other from the heart?" He expressed, astounding me along the way.

"I... I..." I didn't know what to tell him.

"Please?" He begged, I gave him a wide smile and nodded, bobbing my head up and down.

"Great, so from today, we cancel the fake marriage contract," he stated, I nodded.

"Bhai! Bhabi! You both are here? Up in the terrace? Its Magrib time... And you know the rules!" Zara exclaimed.

"Chill Sis, we were just talking; we were going down right now," Hussain maintained.

"I know, but in the Magrib time all the Jhins come out," Zara whispered, looking very fearful. "And Ammi said you both are not allowed to see each other from now on, so get out! Scramble!" Zara ordered us, "Bhai out! Bhabi I'll walk you down," we followed Zara's instructions. Hussain went ahead while Zara and I took our time going down. "I'm glad you're marrying Bhai, Bhabi," Zara said out of the blue. "He really loves you." I stood there still, knowing it was all a lie. Hussain Asif? Love? Impossible.

I shook my head and chuckled, "Stop trying to make me happy."

"Kasam se!" Zara threw her arms up. "Don't you know?" I furrowed my eyebrows, don't know what? "I guess you don't... I should probably not tell you..."

"Well, now that you have started this conversation you better finish it by telling me everything," I narrowed my eyes at her, she nodded.

"When we all found out that you had found an alliance, Raazi, we were all very happy for you... But Bhai wasn't. He was... Jealous." I rolled my eyes. Right. "He was fully against Raazi, he suspected him from the start, so his mission was to expose Raazi. Of-course Zain and I helped him out, but he did everything, we only gave him some information." I gave her a surprised look. Wow. Only because of Hussain I'm away from Raazi.

"Thanks for telling me this Zara," she nodded and gave me a hug.

"Let's go down. We've got to get you home." We went down, ready to leave.

The sun peeked in my bedroom window, I lifted my head from the pillow, my curly hair tumbling down my back like a waterfall. It looked like it was about 6 AM. Finally, today was my haldi. And after that... My wedding. After hearing those words coming out of Zara's mouth it gave me a small hope that maybe, just maybe Hussain has feelings... For me... But I didn't want to strengthen my hope to the point where it will break me. I got up and got myself ready, firstly taking a shower and then wearing my haldi coloured saree, with red boarders. As well as, I wore flower necklace, a little like a garland, and braided my hair and inserted little yellow daffodils. Ammi entered my room with Baba on her side. "Look at my little girl," Baba engulfed me into a hug.

"And she'd leaving us too..." Ammi sniffed.

"Ammi... Baba... I don't want to leave you..." I sulked and hugged them both tight.

"Every girl has to leave their parents and go to their husband's house. It's just the way it is," Ammi kissed my temple.

- AyshaHun