Attack on the village. Jim the defender?!

A,N: Well that was that chapter. It sadly have no detailed duels in it, and some of the duel monsters are taken from future Yugioh series. But hope you like it anyway. It is a little cruel and maybe Jim is a little out of OOC.

Jim's p.o.v.

Thunder roared in the sky and blitz of lighting could be seen. Jim pulled up in his cloak and hoody. This world was strange indeed. It was a dark world without a sun, but instead had light from a glowing comet, and now thunder was roaring in the sky together with some bright lightning bolts. Luckily it hadn't begun raining yet. Jim was not fond of finding out which other weird weather conditions this world had. He looked at his companion Axel Brodie. He may not be a guy who talked much, but his silence was made up by his actions. Jim was grateful to travel with him.. and of course Shirley who was in her backpack at his back. The light from a campfire got his attention. He pointed near the light and Axel nodded. They both hanked up in their cloaks and made sure no one followed them. At the campfire they found a old man and his grandson. A little innocent kid. He was playing with a wooden shaped duel disk. It was easy to see that he had made that himself.

"Some day I will be a great duelist" the boy told his grandpa.

"Nero stop it" the old man said "It looks like we have guests". The old man had noticed them instantly when they arrived near their camp. Jim smiled. That was a good call. A lot of armed soldiers had been seen around lately. Jim actually wondered why? Didn't Jaden take care of their leader Brron?! There shouldn't be anyone left who assembled a army, should there? The old man looked at them, when Jim and Axel both were standing close at them and their little campfire. Jim quickly took out a picture from under his ropes. He was showing the old man it.

"We are looking for this person" He said and asked "Have you seen him". A picture of Jaden was shown. The old man looked intensively at it, but minutes after he shook his head. Jim sighed and took the photo back.

"Who is he?" the old man asked "A duelist?". Jim nodded. The man sighed deeply.

"Sorry, but your friend is properly gone" the old man said "This place is not safe for duelists anymore since the supreme king came". Jim and Axel looked at each other.

"The what? But why?" Jim questioned. The old man sighed.

"Because the king captures them. Every last man, woman and child" he said.

"Oh yeah but if he tries to come after us, I will protect you grandpa" Nero said. Jim smiled a little. The kid had at least spunk. However that made the old man even more worried. Jim could also understand that.

"Ah Nero silence my boy" said the man suddenly and Shirley gave Jim a warning too. Something was approaching them. Then laugher could be heard and two really ugly monsters appeared. They looked like football player or something like that. They were called "Battle footballer" on the duel monster cards.

"I think I heard someone talking about dueling" the monsters said.

"Oh no you hunt duelists for the king" the old man said. The monsters grinned.

"That is right and I think we might have found a couple" one of them said and they both began laughing. The grandpa begged them not to take the boy, but him instead. However Jim and Axel both intervened. They removed their cloaks and began dueling these monsters. A quick duel began and Jim and Axel won. They quickly sended them to the stars. Nero and his Grandpa thanked them.

"So what happens if you are captured" Axel asked. Jim smiled. When he really wanted to know things, Axel did actually talk a little.

"Rumors has it that you are herded up with thousands of duelists and then sent to the king's tower and forced to duel the supreme king" He told them. Axel frowned.