Spies, Infiltrations and Plans?! Axel vs. Skull Knight!

A,N: Well here is the new chapter. Hope you will like it. Please comment on what you think. There is Haou event in this one, so beware!!

Axel's p.o.v.

Time skip.

"Okay, come on now. Put your back into it. We need to fortify the defenses before the supreme king's army arrives" a guard yelled. Axel frowned. He did not like what he was seeing. He had arrived at the only remaining stronghold and human fortress some couple of days ago. He had followed Aqua here, but without her noticing it. He needed to spy and make some recon on his on before he decided on what to do. What he had seen so far was that the guards were pushing people to the limit at work. Giving minimum food and water. It was not only humans but spirits as well. Axel, in someway understood them. They were all frightened. Even the guards and the few duelists they had. They wanted to prepare for the king's attack, but Axel just didn't believe this was the way to do it. The fortress in itself was not much either. There was some houses in here, a little fire place, where some women were making a giant pot of maybe soup. Then there were the fortress around of course with stairs, ramparts and fortifications. Some guard posts. Actually if you could use this fortress to the max, you could actually make some good defense against the army. However as things were now, they wouldn't stand a chance against the king. Axel wondered who was the leader behind this. Suddenly Axel could hear voices in the background now.

"Please just a little rest" could he hear a young man beg one of the soldiers "I have been digging all night. I just need some rest". The soldier sneered.

"Keep working! If you want a break, you will get one when the king sends you to the stars" He yelled at the young adult. He looked scared at the soldier. The boy quickly apologized and returned to his work.

"Please!" begged another voice, an old man, one of the guards "I need food for my children. They are so hungry". The guard sneered and grabbed the back of food, the man was holding. Axel was not liking this at all.

"Unless you can duel you will not get a single bite to eat" the guard yelled at him.

"Oh goodness me" another voice aided to the conversation. Axel noticed it was Aqua and the three fairies "We are all on the same side here". The guard sneered. He was properly gonna hit Aqua, when Axel decided that it was time to meddle.

"Hey!" He said coldly and stopped the man's fist "Forget your manors. You are not suppose to hit a lady". He could see Aqua's eyes lit a little up.

"You came back" she said happily. The guard sneered and got out of his grip. Axel had a feeling the guard was about to hit him as well, and prepared for the attack, but..

"Seize your fighting" yelled a voice suddenly. "The maiden is right. We must work as one. If we don't then the forces of darkness will attack and destroy us all". Axel followed the sound and noticed to figure up on a balcony of a tower. The tower where the leader was living and where they came up with the war plans and stuff like that. Also a place where they could guard if the army penetrated the defenses of the fortress. It was their last line of defense. The figures, if Axel remembered correctly, was two duel monster spirits called "Ancient brain" and "Guardian of the Labyrinth". The one talking however was the guardian's shield though.

"As the last free city, humans and monsters alike has banded together to stop the supreme king and end his reign of darkness" the shield continued.

"I am a soldier" yelled Axel up to the two supposedly leaders "These trenches will not stop his army. We need more duelists to guard the ramparts. Please I know what I am talking about". Ancient brain looked down at him and smirked a little.