Chapter 5

I woke up in an empty bed. It was so cold. I slowly opened my eyes. Yup. Rick was already up. Maybe to get some food ready for Brooklin and Caitlin. I took my phone from my nightstand. 3 missed calls, 6 text messages and 10 whatsapp messages. All from the precinct. And the whatsapp from Kevin. "God jeez guys! It's my day off! Let me go!" I didn't respond on the messages. I leaved my phone on the nightstand and walked into the living room. Rick was cooking, Brooke was waiting for her breakfast. And Caitlin? Where was she?

"Oh hey Kate!" Rick said when he saw me.

"Hey." I walked to them. "Where is Cait?" I asked, and my stomach felt weird. I felt sick. But I stand strong, didn't give a shit about it.

"She is upstairs, she forgot some books." And I 'ooh'ed'. "Want some breakfast?" He asked.

"No, I skip this one. I don't feel well." I said and sat down on a barstool.

"You sure you are okay?" Rick asked.

"I don't know, I have a bellyache I guess."

"Maybe."

"Maybe what?"

"No nothing."

"Rick! What's going on in your mind? Tell me!"

"I tell when the kids are gone to school." Brooke looked at Rick, so did I. "I tell when they are gone. I don't want them to shock!"

"Exuse me for a second." I said, and runned to the bathroom. Brooke runned after me because she knew it was wrong. I trowed up, and Brooke holds my hair back. I trowed up again, and when I was done Brooke held out an towel and a glass of water.

"Mom. You need to relax! It's your day off right?" I nodded. "You need to relax a bit." I stood up.

"Brooke, thanks for being so helpful. But I can get it. I had it more!"

"I know you have. But maybe this one catched you harder? Who knows."

"Well, bus is leaving in 10 minutes! Make sure you are ready! And get Caitlin!" Brooke runned to the livingroom. And I slowly walked after her. I walked back to the kitchen, and Rick looked at me. With his confused expression on his face. "What?" I asked.

"What was that?"

"What was what?"

"Why did you run away?"

"I felt sick."

"And?"

"Rick! Please. You don't need to know all the details!"

"I am your husband, and I care about you! Tell me babe."

"Fine, I trowed up. Twice."

"Woah what an details." He teased.

"Ha ha. Very funny!" I gave him a look and the girls runned down. "You are always late, and now go!" They kissed us and runned out. I turned back to Rick. "Tell me."

"Tell what?"

"Oh don't deny it! You know where I am talking about! The "thing" you didn't want to hear by the girls. Soo, speak up."

"Oh that thing. Ofcourse I will tell you!"

"Where are you waiting for then?"

"I don't know, I just wait for the right moment to say it."

"There is never a right moment! Come on, you make me curious as hell!" I begged.

"Alright, where I was thinking about was, last night."

"What last night?"

"I wasn't finished."

"Sorry, go on."

"We did unprotected things, and I guess...."

"No. That can't be true. My period started this morning."

"Right! Then you are just sick."

"You hope so, do you?" I looked at him. "Or not?"

"I don't know, I would like another kid with you. Well if you agree with that too Ofcourse."

"If it is with you, then I agree!" I smiled at him. And he got a smile on his face too.