Chapter 34

"Kate who is it?"

"Look at his face, you know him too." I said, and his face showed up.

"But, he-he was in Prison?!"

"He broke out, attacked me, and got back in. Perfect alibi." I said, and looked at him.

"But we have this. Wait, here." He pointed on the IPad. The part where I was trowing into the table. And then he dissapeared when he brought me back to bed. "Where did he go?"

"He can still be inside."

"No, he runned away. Check the hall video." He turned on the camera footage from the front door.

"What do we need to do?"

"You're the NYPD Detective here."

"Not anymore Rick."

"We are connected to the NYPD. So we can give them this, and they can get him. He need to confess, because we have proof."

"Yeah. He has to." I said, looking down.

"What's it?"

"In my dream it was my dad, and Bracken wasn't in it at all. That's the starnge thing." There was a loud knock on the door, and I looked up. So did Rick.

"Richard! I forgot my keys. Can you open up?" Martha yelled.

"Oh yes of course mother!" He got up, and I sighed from relief. He opened the door.

"But I got some company." Martha said, and was pushed inside. Bracken following. I stood up from the couch, and looked him right in the eye. "Well, I forgot to say, that Caitlin is kidnapped. Brooklin is with Valeria & Vanessa. Caitlin is gone."

"What have you done?!" I yelled to Bracken. Who only laughed. "I am serious Bracken. Your play is already over!"

"Is it Detective?"

"I am not an Detective anymore. Lucky for you." I said and he laughed.

"They fired you, finally."

"I resigned."

"Bracken? What's this all? Didn't she had enough payed? For everything she did." Rick said. Ans I slowly got my gun from the table besides the couch.

"Oh no, never enough. Like that song said, 'Almost in never enough.' I got never my Enough. So, now it's time." He pointed his gun on me, and I pointed mine now on him.

"Don't you worry. The precinct, and the ME will be here in 10 seconds. No victory for you Bracken. Only prison." I said, and was about to pull my own trigger. But he was seconds before me, and shot me in my leg. I fall to the ground. And immediately grabbed my leg. Luckily Ryan and Espo came running in, and Bracken has no way to escape. Martha could make her way to me, and she could get the bullet out. And bandaged my leg. Rick talked to Ryan, and told him everything that happened.

I raised up from the ground, but I couldn't stand on my leg. It hurted to much. "Rick. We need to go to a docter. I can't stand on my leg."

"Richard, I go with her. You, find your daughter." Martha said, and holds me.

"Okay, make sure Kate, that you're okay!"

"I am. But find Cait! Please!"

"I will! Take care." He said, and runned out. And Martha took me to a hospital.

#CLIFFHANGER 2.0
Still liking me?😂