Chapter 50 (last chapter)

A couple days went by. I worked with all love for the president. But he gave me a 2 weeks holiday. I was confused, but I took it. When I came home that day, it was silent. Wait? Silent? Oh shit. This is not good. Last time when it was silent, Rick was napping. And there was a small fire in the kitchen. Oh, and I got a pillow in my face when I got home yesterday when I came back home. Well, anyways. Rick was again napping on the couch. But no fire. Luckily! I slowly walked to him, and kissed him. That woke him, he looked at me. With his sleepy face.

"Hey beautiful!" He said sleepy, but cracked a smile.

"Hey sleeping beauty!" I teased, and put down my bag.

"How long have you been back?"

"Uh, 2 minutes or so. Why?"

"Just wondering."

"Well, I am home for the next 2 weeks!"

"YES! I was planning something in the weekend. But we now have 2 weeks for it!" He jumped, and kissed me. I just looked at him. Confused.

"What where you planning?"

"Meeting our friends ad Family in New York! That was I planning!"

"Right. I'd love too."

"When is it starting?"

"What? Holiday?" He nodded. "Ah, today. Why?"

"Leaving tomorrow! Go pack you girl." He said, and kissed me once more. Still, I was confused. This wasn't his plan! I swear. He had more. He never reacted like this on my free days. Okay it's fun. I must start packing, I think.
Like he ordered, I did. I packed stuff for myself, and the kids. We waited for Caitlin to arrive. She has to take her stuff by herself.

The next day we flew to New York. Still I was confused. He wouldn't tell what his plan exactly was. And where did we go with the kids? All questions where I didn't get an answer on. He smiled whole flight. And I just sat there. Looking at his smiling face. It was cute. But he had planned something. And I didn't know if I needed to like it. He had good reasons I hope.

As soon as we where in New York, Martha picked us up from the airport and drove to her new loft. It was incredible. It was whole her style. You could see it was all hers. She gave us a tour around the house, but Rick took her to a room. Where they could talk alone. I couldn't stop myself from listening, so I listened by the door.

"Mother! Please! Keep your mouth shut. To Kate, and the kids. Please? Can you do that for me?" Rick asked.

"Yes darling. It's hard for me. But I try. What are you planning?"

"A surprise mother. When I tell it's not a surprise. And I just know Kate is listening." I felt I got a weird expression on my face. "Kate. I know you're at the door."

"How'd you know?!" I said, and now looked inside. With Martha chuckling.

"Kate, you are too curious. How long do I know you now?"

"Long... Enough?" I looked down.

"Kate. Come. We need to meet the boys. But! Put on warm clothes! We are taking a walk." He passed me, and grabbed my jacket, and my scarf. He gave it to me, and pushed me outside. We walked to the precinct, even that made me more curious.

"Prepare yourself. A lot of hugs." He laughed.

"Rick, I don't know what you're planning. But it's creepy. You have all day that smile on your face. And it's creeping me out!" I said, stepping into the elevator. And he laughed.

"Then it works."

"What works?!" I looked at him, and he didn't respond. Sure. Keep quiet before I kill you......

The elevator reached the bullpen. And we got out. But also, all eyes on us. No one expected us. I guess?

"BECKETT!!!!!" Ryan screamed as soon as he saw me, and ran to me. Hugging me tight.

"Yo Castle!" Espo walked to us, and hugged Castle. "Bro! What a surprise man!"

"Hey, surprise!" Castle said, and Ryan let go of me. Now hugging Castle. Espo hugged me, and then some familiar clicking came to us. Gates. Espo let me go, and I faced Gates.

"Captain." I said.

"President Beckett. Sounds good Kate." She said, still standing there.

"President!?" Espo and Ryan said in sync.

"No! I am just working for the president. Nothing happened guys!" I explained. We talked by for long, and when we leaved. Castle brought me to the park.

"What are you doing?" I asked, and stopped walking. "Enough 'secrets' I want to know Castle!"

"No, not before we're on our place. Come!" He grabbed my wrist, and took me to a very familiar place. The swings. Again, a thousand of questions rushed into my mind.

"What are we doing back here?!" I asked, very happy.

"You know Kate. This was the place where we have let it all happen. This was our personal place. Like no one could hear us. But they did." I looked at him, and he had that cute smile on his face. "The place we met each other, where we fall in love, where we got engaged. And where you made the decision of your life!" I smiled. "This was always ours. I love you, Katherine Beckett."

"Yes it was ours. Like in forever. I still can see all that moments. Like it was just yesterday. And I will never forget. But why? Why did you take me here? Why now?"

"Because, I would spend this moment with you. It was our anniversary, 3 days ago. And I needed to do something on this place."

"Ofcourse you had to." I said, looking him straight in the eye.

"I love you Katherine Beckett, and I always will!"

"I love you Richard Castle, even more then I ever did before."

"Always."

"Always!" I said, and he kissed me deep. Passionate. Loved.