Chapter 47

3 days later, New Year's eve

Everyone was here! Family, friends. Everyone we love! It was good to have them around just now. We all had been through a hard time. And a lot of them supported us to go on. But just today, we made an decision. That would change our life's Completely! I made a decision before, but this. This was even harder. Harder for everyone to get. And hard for me to tell. I didn't want it to end this way, but I had too. I had done to much.... I couldn't lie forever, could I?

"You aren't ready? Are you." Rick said, scaring me a little. And I just nodded. I couldn't bring any words up. We needed to go away. To leave this everything behind us. To much trouble has been here. "We can do this. And we have too. We can't stay this long here anymore, they are willing to kill you. And I can't be without you."

"I know." Was all I said. I looked at him, and he closed me in his arms.

It was around 11:30. Half an hour to go. And then we would step into a new world. A new year. And a new time for me. I didn't know how they'd take this thing. It was hard for me, even harder for them. I hate myself for this. I would all hurt them. How was I supposed to tell them? To tell them we where leaving? Yup. Broken hearts on New Years Eve..... And not only mine!

"Ready to tell?" Rick asked.

"Nope. I am not." I said, facing him. It was 11:33. I would tell them right now. "Guys! Can I please get your attention?" They fall into a silence, and looked all at me. "Kay, that was way to easy." I chuckled and they all laughed. "Well, I would share something with all of you guys. And I think you all get angry at me. But this is what it is!"

"Kate? What are you trying to tell? Are you pregnant again?" Espo said. And I laughed.

"Oh no. Worser." He kept quiet. "Guys, I would thank you. For all those great years. You always invited me with open arms. You took care of me, like I was your little sister. I owe you a lot of things, but I can't give you back. Not now. This thing, it changed me. A lot. First my Precinct, I had to leave them. Still sorry by the way, but now I need to leave. Again. But then far away. I am so terribly sorry! It's the worsest decision I ever made. And it might hurt you all." I took a deep breath. "Rick and I, we-" I couldn't bring it out. I was too scared. I couldn't say that we where leaving.

"Kate? What are you and Rick doing? Getting a divorce?" Lanie looked at me. Breathless.

"No! No! Never. No! That wasn't what I would say." I immediately reacted. "No! Rick and I need to go out the city. Away from New York. One day, I will be killed in here. So we are moving to, Washington DC. I am so terribly sorry guys."

"Girl! You scared the hell out of me! I thought you whee going to say you and Rick where having a divorce!" Lanie said, and walked towards me. Hugging me tight.

"Then I was already crying. And then Rick wasn't kissing me. Right?" I chuckled, and holds her tight.

"Kate, enjoy the little things in life. For one day, you'll look back to this moment. And realize they where big things. Maybe this is the best you could ever do!" Ryan said, sad.

"Ryan! I will come back! Every birthday, of each of you. I will come back, and don't mind. I bring everyone with me!" I smiled, and Lanie let go of me. To hug Ryan.

"I will never forget that one woman. Who made people believe, which gender you had. You could chase your dreams! You where an example to thousands of people. And still am." He said, nearly crying. I pulled away, and cupped his cheeks. Wiping his tears away.

"Remember me. And I will always be with you." I placed his hand with mine to his heart. "I will always be in here. Every heartbeat. Remember it's me." I said, little sad. He pulled me again into a hug.

"Guys. 1 minute left!!" Rick yelled. I pulled away from Ryan. And he still had his arm around me. "Okay, 20 seconds!"

"10!"
"9!"
"8!"
"7!"
"6!"
"5!"
"4!"
"3!"
"2!!"
"1!!!"

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!" We all screamed in sync. We cheered, and Espo and Rick where outside. Fire off Fireworks. We all got outside. Watching the Fireworks over the water. And we thought about last year. It was epic. Like in really epic. But it was nice.

That night we sang along, and danced in the backyard of our Hampton's house. At my last dance, what cost me 1 hour to let go. I danced with Rick. My head resting on his shoulder. I enjoyed this moment, just like our wedding. As magical as this. I smiled, and closed my eyes. And we danced along the rest of the night.

A/N:
Guys, I am planning on a few chapters left. I have one amazing idea, and I skip the funeral. I don't like to write about it, because my grandmas father died on 1st Christmas day 2011. And it kept me bad memories, although I didn't really know him. But it wasn't a nice moment. So I am not writing that. I will keep it up to Chp 50, I think. Unless I got some new Ideas. I have a very cute Idea I want to share. So you can expect something cute.😘❤️

And go read BecauseOfUsAlways she is amazing! I love her stories, and I love her❤️❤️

For now, I am trying to update tonight!