Chapter 44

Machines beeping. Still black. Strange noises. Weird smell. "Yup. Hospital." I thought. But couldn't open my eyes. It did not work. As if they were stuck firmly. I hoped that it wasn't bad, and that I didn't have any problems. I was just shot. Nothing happened.

"Kate?" A sweet voice wishpered. "Kate? Please open your eyes." Now I slowly opened them, Carefully looking around. And I found Ryan next to me.

"Hey." I said soft.

"Hey. How are you feeling?"

"I don't know. I don't know exactly what happened. And how bad my injuries are. So I have no clue."

"The injury isn't bad, the bullet wasn't that good to go further in your stomach. Just a little scar. Oh and we found Caitlin. She is okay."

"Oh thank god! But then we are done? Right?"

"Yeah we are. Unfortunately." He looked down. I grabbed his chin, and lifted it up. To met my eyes.

"Ryan. We have both our families. They want you back. And this. This was an act. What we did, everything."

"It felt so real Kate."

"For me too. But we have our families. Do we?"

"Yeah. We have." He looked straight into my eyes. He leaned in, and kissed me one more time. Our last time. "If I ever had to go undercover again, probably with you."

"Yeah. Same. It was real fun Ryan. Thank you."

"I have to thank you."

"Why?"

"You let me in, you just let it happen. I have kissed you. Like I wanted all those years. And you just let me. You didn't fight back."

"That was because I thought it was just the act. When you told me it was real, I had my thoughts. But that didn't get me off the fact we where still acting. I enjoyed these days as a couple." I smiled. And he took my hand. Holding it tight. "You know. I love you too." I said, and his smile growed.

"I love you too." He was just sweet. Everything about him. His eyes. His smile. Everything. Why didn't I realize it earlier? Why didn't I? Because the. i maybe was with Ryan instead of Castle. Okay, I have a really happy life with Castle. But what if he never showed up? Was I still fighting my moms Case? Was I still alone? With Josh? With Will? Mh. Maybe.

The same day we leaved the hospital. We got back to the apartment, to get our stuff. I saw that bed. And I kept still there. Looking at it. Remembering what happened there. I smiled, and felt some arms wrapping around me from behind. And a sweet kiss on my cheek.

"I am gonna miss this place." I said when we walked down.

"Me too. Me too..." Ryan sighed, I turned around to face him. And kissed him. He cupped my cheeks and kissed me back, with so much passion. I would do this with Rick. But he never did. We had different things. Things he wanted. I wanted the opposite. I wanted to led, not he. And with Ryan. Everything felt so good. I could led. He let me do everything. And I loved that. But because of this Breaking up with Castle? No. Never. This isn't a reason to break a relationship. And I never wanted it to end. Ryan and me?
We're nothing.
Just partners.....

A/N:
Break up between Beckett and Ryan. This was their adventure. Maybe more later 😌😌