Chapter 38

"Hey Lane. What do you got?" I asked when I runned into the morgue.

"Girl? Why did you run?"

"Because elevator was to slow. I took the stairs!"

"You really want to know who the killer is, do you?"

"Lanie.... Please." I begged.

"Girlfriend. Sit." I shook my head. "It wasn't a question, it was a order. NOW Sit." I did what she said, and I sat down on her empty autopsy table. "Now. Tell me? What does make you so Strong to be a badass again Kate? You gave up your moms murder. And now that Brooklin died, YOU want to know who he is? Or she?"

"She is my step daughter. Lanie. My moms, it was unsolvable. Until now. This death, the death of Brooke, that's all connected. This death, it's a lead to my moms case. And maybe Caitlin is in bad trouble now too."

"Then it's not your business! You gave up on your moms murder! Now you have to stop putting yourself in danger, but then in Real Real Danger Kate! They did this, because they want you dead too!"

"Did you have something? Or just a sermon!?"

"I am not telling you. You're going to get off this case. You understand me? Get off this Kate." I sighed, maybe she was right? No! Hell no. I have to solve this! I might be in trouble. But I will risk my life. Like I always did.

"Lanie! Please!"

"No. Go up. Go to Castle! He needs you now Girl."

"Lanie. I can't go now. I promised him to find them. Lanie! Please!"

"No. You will be dead. Now go up, and go home."

"Fine!" I jumped off the table, and took the elevator back up. I was angry. At Lanie. Never been. But now I was. It didn't feel that good. The elevator reached the bullpen, and I got out.

"And? What did Lanie have?" Espo asked.

"Didn't told me. She told me to stop for putting myself in danger." I said and sat down on his desk.

"Lanie told you that?"

"Yup. She did. Espo? Can you go down, and ask her?"

"Be right back." I nodded and he ran off. I sat there. Staring at the murderboard. Brooke's and Cait's photo on it. One with "missing" one with "victim". It was sad to see that photos.

"Hey Beckett." Ryan came by, slightly touching my shoulder. Making me feel a little comfortable.

"Hey. Where are we on the case?"

"Well, if Lanie told you. We could be much further. Nothing on the crime scene. So fat, we have nothing."

"Right." Was all I could say, and felt tears coming up. And quickly wiped them away.

"We will find Cait, and so Brooke her killer. You can do things to him, as much as you want." I smiled.

"Oh, he doesn't know what I want to do to him." He laughed, and I looked at him. He was such a cutie. "Thanks Ryan."

"For what? I didn't do anything today!"

"No I mean, over all these years. You where always behind me. Saving my life on the right moments. Of just having my back in things. You where the person I needed when no one believes in me. Only you did. I owe you for that. I really owe you for that Ryan."

"I am just happy to have a Partner like you Kate. You're the most strongest, beautifullest and best friend ever. I need to thank you for all those years you helped me. When you helped me through things I couldn't handle. When I was in trouble. You always kept believing in me. I owe you for that."

"It's my job to safe people. You are a person too. So, I need to safe you Ryan!" I stood up, to hug him after those sweet words. If I could love some of my friends the most, it was Ryan. His sweet words. His voice. The way he smiled. And then his Glass Blue eyes. I needed someone like him in my life. He was just like Castle. Always caring. I owe such that people.

A/N:
Hey! So? What ya think? Isn't it getting bored? Well, I have plenty ideas left. So no ending for this story❤️
I will all thank you, 2,08k reads. 303 likes. 97 comments.
Wow!
I love you! Thank you so so so much😭💘
Especially BecauseOfUsAlways she kept telling me to keep this up❤️ She is amazing! She kept telling me it was good, and not boring. That did me good! To have a friend like her💘
Joos! Thanks! Because of you this story is still what it is now❤️ I love you