Chapter 30

"Rick! People are arriving in 10 minutes! Make sure you're ready!" I yelled upstairs. He was doing something, I didn't know what he did. And didn't have to know.

"Almost ready! Can you place the tortillas on the plate?" He yelled back.

"I am on it! And stop doing what you are doing!" I yelled back, and rushed to the kitchen. To take the tortillas, filled them. Placed them on a plate, and set them on the table. It was our second Christmas as a married couple. And almost our 2 years anniversary! I was so excited!

"Mom?! Where is Vanessa's dress? We found Valeria's. But we couldn't find the other." Caitlin runned downstairs.

"Uhhh. In her closet. It's the Green one."

"Oh yeah. Sorry! Be right back!" She runned back upstairs, and Rick came down. He was in suit. And it looks so cute!!

"Looks nice Babe!" I said.

"You can be there as well!" I had put on my White/Aqua Green Sleeve dress. My newest, and my favourite!

"You gave it to me! And hell I love this one!"

"You needed something special for Christmas."

"The girls do too!"

Brooke had on a Casual Black/White dress. First time a dress, but she did it on.

Caitlin had in her favourite Red dress. She was in love with that dress.

Vanessa & Valeria had on the sane dress. Vanessa in Green, and Valeria in Purple.

That evening we had a Christmas Party. With all Friends / Family group. Even Espo & Ryan arrived. The quarrel was settled. They needed me too often in their business over the past three weeks. So I was kind of back to the 12th Precinct. Not quite, but a little. We already made plans for New Year. We wanted to celebrate all together. In our Hampton's house! Cozy, snugly together. And go out to meet the new life with the people you care about most. That matters to me! Rick really wanted to stand out even fireworks, and Espo wanted to help him. So there was definitely some chipped on New Year's Eve! When the plans were made, Rick and I brought the little ones to bed. And when we came down, we partied just sit on! With all the dancefloor!

We partied to late, around 3 AM the living room was empty. Only Rick and I. We did not really make much sense to clean up everything now. Rick grabbed my hand and took me. He started the music, I smiled. He put my hand in his. My other on his shoulder. I smiled even more. He started to move, I followed his moves. And we danced along the room.

"This is the best Christmas ever! I couldn't imagine it any better!" I said, still dancing around.

"Yes! It is the best Christmas ever. It really is." He smiled, and I layed my head on his shoulder. I closed my eyes for a few seconds. And I smiled even more.

"The best Christmas, with the best family! Soon it will be our 2 years anniversary." I said. Still laying with my head on his shoulder.

"In 2 weeks, we are 2 years married. How excited is that?"

"Vert excited, because in those years all kind of things happened. Beautiful, and more scared. Sad and Happy. About death, and life. We have been trough so much. And we are still standing here. Right here. This moment." I looked up at him. "I don't want this to end. Never." I added, and kissed him. Full of passion.

A/N:
Okay, I thought really that this story is too boring. Comment what you think. And should I continue? 🤔🤔