Chapter 36

Kate's Pov-
"What did you say? What? Find her in the woods!? What the hell was she doing there........ Uh, yes sir. Thanks. We are on our way. Thank you." I hung up. Tears filled my eyes. Brooke was death. And Caitlin still missed. Rick walked downstairs, he saw me. Crying. I runned to him. Into his arms.

"Hey! Shhh. We are going to find them!" He said.

"B-br-Brooklin died." I sobbed. And he froze. "They found her in the woods this morning. Car crash. Probably dumped in the woods." I looked up, and met his eyes. He was broken. We all could see that.

"And Cait?"

"Still gone. We don't know if she was with her. We need to go to the hospital. Can you call your mom to take the twins?"

"We take them! And so my mom!" He said, and I let him go. He took the phone, and I the kids.

When I came down with them, I placed them in their strollers. He was still with his mom on the phone. He had that little tears in his eyes. I had too, but it was his Daughter. My step Daughter, she wasn't really mine. But I cared about her as well. I loved her like she was my real daughter.

"Thanks Mother. Bye." He said, and hang up. He turned to me. "She couldn't come, she is in a talk with some people. We need to go alone."

"Oh gosh! You're so broken!" I said and runned back in his arms. He let go of his tears, falling in my hair. "Babe, we are going to get trought this! I promise you!"

"I know, we have to. We have no choice. But what about Cait? Does she knows?"

"I don't know Rick," I pulled away to look him right in the eye. "What I do know, that we must remain intact. We can not give up now. Certainly not now Caitlin is gone, and Brooklin d-death." I stumbled over my last word. It hitted him hard. I saw that. "Sorry."

"It's not your fault. We only need to go to the hospital, and sign that papers. And leave this behind, and give her a good funeral." I nodded at him, he took the stroller. And then my hand. I hold it tight. And we goes to the hospital.

At the hospital, Rick kept looking around. I told him to wait. And I walked over to the woman behind the desk.

"Good afternoon miss. Can I help you?" She asked.

"Uh, yes. We're coming for Brooklin Sabrina Castle." I said, quickly looking over at Rick.

"And you are?"

"Katherine Beckett, stepmom."

"And Mister Castle? Is he here?"

"Sitting over there." I said, pointing to him. She nodded.

"Ah well, Docter Davidson will be here any minute." I shocked. Josh? Serious?

"Uh. Thanks."

"Any time!" She said and I walked away. I walked back to Castle, and he looked at me confused.

"What happened? It's like you saw a ghost." He asked, taking Valeria, who was crying, on his lap.

"Uh, guess who will get us in a few minutes?"

"I don't know, Will Sorenson?" He joked.

"Even when you're sad as hell, you still have the jokes. But no. Docter Freaking Davidson." I said, and he had that same expression on his face. Like I had.