Part 3

Part 3

The one subject I despise most. I mean who really loves math?! That's just...ugh! I can't describe it (AN: NO OFFENSE TO MATH FANS!!!!!!)

I lead him to the math room, quietly. And we entered the class. Mr. Burns, the math teacher, was known to be a strict and tough teacher, but I was his best student so he wasn't like that towards me.

He stopped his instructions and when he saw me, he smiled.

"Ah! Alice! What can I do for you today?" he said, kindly.

"This is Nathan. He's new, and he wanted to stop by and see his classes." I said, politely.

"Ah, Mr. Masters! I've heard you are excellent in math! Maybe you can finally give Alice a run for her money." he said.

I looked at him, shocked. He was that good at math huh? Well, I've got some competition. His face showed nothing, though, which was strange.

"It'll be nice to have someone to compete with." I said, smiling fake-like.

Yea I hated math but for some reason I was good at it, which sucked.

"We'll see. This should be interesting." he responded.

I nodded, respectfully.

"Ok, well we will catch you up to speed tomorrow." he said, indicating that we should go now.

We left, and he began talking again.

"He seemed nice." Nathan commented.

"Yea? Don't let any of the other students hear you say that. He's suppose to be a strict, tough teacher, but since I'm his best student he seems to love me. That's why he's so nice. He probably will be the same to you." I said, revealing more than I normally would have.

"Hm...ok." he said, absorbing the info.

"So, where are you from?" I asked to make small talk. I honestly didn't care.

"Washington." he said.

"I hear it's really rainy over there." I answered.

"It is." he said, making a face.

"I love the rain." I said.

He made a face of disbelief.

"Why?" he asked, shocked.

I shrugged. I wasn't going to tell him my reason. The rain was like tears, the clouds were like people. When someone's about to cry, you can hear it in their voice. When the clouds are about to rain they turn grey. When the tears drop it relieves the troubles. When the rain drops the clouds turn white again. Ta da! Science and English into one!

Plus no one sees your tears in the rain, so you can cry however much you want and no one would notice. Not that I would cry.

"Well, Ok, Then" he said.

"The English room" I said, entering.

Ms. Sacramento, the English teacher was also talking when we walked in. She paused her lecture, and looked at us strangely. She was a nice lady, and she was very lenient too lenient if you ask me but I'm ok with it for the most part.

"Shouldn't you two be in class?" she asked, with her hands on her hips.

"I'm excused because I have to take Nathan, the new student, around to see the school." I explained.

"Ah! My apologies." She said.

"Don't worry. It's ok." I said.

"Well, Nathan. I'm glad that you decided to come here. But it's freezing cold here in Mt. Washington, New Hampshire. The coldest place in the US!" Mrs. Sacramento said.