Part 4

Part 4

I wasn’t really paying attention as I left the school building and made my way towards my car.

"Hey." someone says behind me.

"Yikes!" I yell and jump up.

"Sorry, I forgot. Don't sneak up on you." Nathan said.

I glared at him.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Kate left with my mom and dad early, I don't know why, but I need a ride home." he said.

I sighed and opened my car door.

"Come on."

"Really?" he asked, in disbelief.

"Shut up. First I have to pick up Alex and Alec." I said.

"Who are they?" he asked.

"Long story." I said.

Same thing I told Catt, when she asked who they were. She never asked again but she would still wonders all the time.

"I got time." he said.

"Well I don't." I said, harshly.

He didn't say anything after that. I drove to Gallagher Daycare and I got out.

"You want to come? Or not?" I asked.

"I'll come." he said, leaving his backpack in the car.

We walked up and I signed them out. I walked into their class, and as they saw me, they raced over. I crouched down and picked hugged them as they came to me.

"Hey, guys! How are my two favorite people in the world?" I say and ask.

"Good!!!" they reply.

"Who's this?" Alec asks, indicating to Nathan who was by my side now.

"He's a guy from my school. He needs a ride home. His name is Nathan." I explained.

"Is he Alice's friend?" Alex asks.

"Not exactly." I says.

"More like a pain." I mumble.

I think he heard me, because he looked at me, weirdly.

"Alright. I'm going to take him home first and then we'll go home, ok?" I said.

"Ok!" they answered.

We all got into the car and I strapped both my kids in. They smiled at me and I smiled back, happy to see them happy.

Nathan gave me directions to his house, and on the way there to his home, his phone vibrated in his pocket, he picked it up.

"Hello?" he asked.

"What?! How could that happen!? I was there with her the whole lunch period!!" he yelled.

"Who the heck would keep peanut brittle in their pockets and eat it during  class?!?" he asks, angrily.

"How did it touch her?!" he was raging mad now.

"I'm coming." he said.

"What why not?!" he said, angry again.

Whoa! This dude has serious mood swings! Wonder what’s wrong.

"Fine! But what am I suppose to do till then?! I don't have the house key or a car!!!" he said and asked.

"Bye." he hung up.

"What's up?" I ask, casually, even though I was actually interested.

"My sister is allergic to peanut butter. If she's exposed to it, she inflates like a balloon, and if it's really concentrated, she'll die from it. This kid wanted to eat peanut brittle but didn't get a chance during lunch, so he eats it in class. And She's his partner!!! So she's in the hospital getting a shot and some tests done to make sure she's ok." he answers.