Part 7

Part 7

We walked back home and Nathan asked:

"What's the surprise?"

"I'm making dinner for them. I don't exactly know how to cook, so I asked the chef at Alton's Café to teach me. I'm going to make the house look like a restaurant, just for them." I said.

"That's nice. I'll help. I actually know how to cook." he said.

"Yes, the breakfast was delicious!" I complimented.

"Thank you." he bowed, as I smiled.

"First let's change into these clothes." I said.

I finished changing first. I knocked in the kid’s door, where Nathan was changing. He opened the door, shirtless.

Now, normally, I'm not one to stare at a guy, shirtless, but it was kind of hard, not to. He had an 8 pack and his big muscles flexed every time he moved. It was hard not to stare but I think I managed.

"Nathan, what are you doing shirtless?" I asked.

"Um, the shirt won't fit." he said, embarrassed.

"I don't think so. Clara is amazing at secretly taking measurements." I said.

He shrugged, not knowing what to say.

"Give me the shirt." I said.

He handed me the shirt. The head hole was too small. I searched for the buttons. I opened that white buttons that matched the color of his shirt. They were just hard to see.

"Oh. I didn't see those." he said.

I pulled the shirt over his head and it went through the head hole. He put his arms through, and I buttoned the shirt. I was a little too close to Nathan, more than I'd like, but I still handled it. His pants were black too, and his shirt was white, he pulled a black jacket over it, and it resembled a tuxedo.

"Wow! It looks nice on you." I complimented.

"You should look at yourself." he said.

Come think of it, I haven't. I guess I should have.

"I haven't, actually." I informed.

He led me to the bathroom and the girl in the mirror looked very pretty. She was wearing a black dress, low cut, no back to it, there was a necklace type thing around my neck to hold my dress together and it didn't show too much, just enough. It flowed to her shins and it made her body look curvier than she actually was.

"Whoa!" I said.

He smiled as I smiled. I looked at the time, 4:30!!

"Ok! We have to get cooking!!!" I said.

I went into the kitchen. I was going to make something simple, first. Garlic bread, the appetizers. Nathan just followed. He was just going to watch and advise me.

After they were I done I took them out. My first mistake.

"Wait, Alice!" Nathan warned, a little late.

I stuck my hands in the oven, without any oven mitts to protect me.

"Ouch!! Ouch!!" I yelled and pulled away.

My fingertips were burned!!!

Nathan grabbed my hands and put under the sink, turning on cold water.

"Ouch!"

It stung, I tried to pull away from the pain but Nathan held tightly.

"Shhh! It's going to help you. I know it hurts but hold on." he soothed. I whimpered despite myself.