Part 34

Sort of a long filler chapter. I wanted to give you Alice's POV of what was going on. There's a lil surprise at the end ;) Sooooooooo Can I hav at least 15 comments and votes?? since it's so freaking long?? I had to write through my writers block for this...Please??

Part 34

Alice’s POV

I know I ran away, but I wasn’t mad or anything. I just needed a little time away. I don’t know how, but I ended up at Catt’s place, with puffy eyes and some dried tears. Thank goodness, it was Catt that opened the door.

“Alice? Are you ok?! What happened?” She asked, pulling me inside.

“Oh nothing, I just kind of wanted to see if we can hang out for a bit. I know I haven’t seen you much and I want to correct that.” I started, not completely lying to her.

“Alright, let me just tell my mom and dad you’re here.” She said.

“Mom!” Catt yelled.

“In the kitchen!” She replied back.

We went into the kitchen to see Catt’s mom over a pot of what I could assume to be Jelly. She was in an apron, like those stereotypical moms and she even gave off the homey, mother feeling. Catt’s mom acted like my mom sometimes. Whenever I was over at Catt’s house for a bit, her mom would treat me as if she was my mom.

“Oh Alice, you’re here! Long time to no see, sweetie! Where have you been?” She came over to give me a hug.

She smelt like sugar and home. I hugged her back.

“Hey, mom.” I whispered.

Catt’s mom never liked being called Mrs. Taylor, or Jane, so she insisted that I call her mom. After a while, I fell into the habit of it. It was one of the reasons I could never call Carla and Jacob, mom and dad, because I felt like I kind of already had some. I also knew that I would never allow Jane and Billy to become a part of my cruel world. I barely allowed Catt in, barely.

Carla and Jacob were already too involved in this and I was afraid that if they heard too much they would no longer treat me as they’re daughter, but an alien, like I really was. I sighed. There is need to think unnecessarily, just relax for a bit, I thought to myself. 

“What’s wrong honey?” Jane asked.

“Oh nothing, I just missed you that’s all.” I lied, smoothly.

“Well come by more often and you won’t miss me.” She winked.

“I would love to.” I smiled at her.

“I am making some dessert, Jelly. Would you like some?” She asked.

“Of course, you know how much I love your cooking, mom.” I replied.

She laughed, as Catt led me to her room.

“You’re too buddy-buddy with my mom.” Catt stated.

“Oh? Is someone jealous?” I asked, amused.

She rolled her eyes at me and I laughed. We entered Catt’s room, which hadn’t changed one bit. See, Catt lived in the more rural part of town. She lived on a farm, literally. She had cows, chickens, rats, rabbits, horses, dogs and cats. I loved coming here, because I felt closer to nature when I was out here with her and her animals.

Catt is obsessed with animals. She has posters of horses in her room, a wall off to the side with miniature horses, a closet, a desk, and a bed. It was greenish color but beautiful none the less. I smiled at the homey feeling her whole house sent.