Part 23

Yay, I got the votes and comments I wanted :D Next Chapter right here: 

Recap: 

Alice’s POV 

Sometimes I have no idea what he’s thinking. It infuriates me because it seems as if he feels the need to hide his pain, while trying to help me with mine. Why can’t we both help each other? 

I kept running my hands through his hair, enjoying the feel of it against my fingertips, as I leaned my head against his chest, feeling the rise and fall of it. My eyes started to close of their own accord. 

Part 23

Nathan’s POV

When I woke up, I was startled to see that Alice wasn’t on my chest anymore. I looked around and almost started panicking when she entered, carrying a tray of food, one tray for me and one for her. She had woken up before me to get breakfast.

“Next time, could you leave a note saying you went to go get some breakfast?” I asked.

“Sorry.” She said, sheepishly.

I only smiled at her to tell her I wasn’t mad. We ate in silence for the most part, until someone came in, right after we were finished eating.

“Oh, so you are here! Thank goodness!” Mom said, bursting through the door.

“Oh, sorry, I forgot to tell you she was with me.” I said, sheepishly.

It was mom, dad, Alex and Alec standing there. They looked like they had rushed over here because they were wearing some new clothes and some pajamas. It was quite funny to see but Alice and I refrained from laughing.

“We assumed that’s where she would be, but we wanted to make sure.” Dad said.

This is where Alice and I couldn’t take it anymore and started laughing like crazy. Everyone looked confused as to what we were laughing about.

“Did you guys get dressed before you came here?” Alice asked.

They looked at their clothes and were alarmed to see they weren’t fully out of their pajamas. Alice and I just laughed until they started glaring at us.

“Alice is fine. She’s with me.” I managed to breathe out.

“Can we stay?” the kids asked.

Alice looked at me. Mom and dad looked conflicted.

“Yeah, sure why not?” I asked and said.

The kids rushed over and soon, they were on either side of me on my hospital bed. Mom and dad had to leave because they had an online business meeting in a little bit. Alex and Alec just chattered away about how happy they were to be here.

Georgia, the nurse, came in here and when she saw the kids, she fell in love with them. The kids seemed to like her to, as they wanted to tour the hospital with her. They left with her and Alice turned to me.

“When I got home yesterday, the kids were running around the house, driving the staff, Kate and your mom nuts.” Alice told me.

“That doesn’t sound like Alex and Alec.” I said, worried.

“That’s because when I went to scold them, they said they missed us and that they wanted to spend more time with us.” She told me.

“Well, then I guess we’ll have to do something about that.” I said, forming a plan already.

“What’s the plan?” Alice asked, knowing me so well.

“That, my beautiful Alice, is for me to know and for you to find out.” I told her, kissing her nose.

It caused her to turn scarlet and as the door opened, she moved away from me, if I let her. I grabbed onto her hand and pulled her closer. I pulled her too close and she ended up almost on top of me, as Georgia, Alec and Alex entered the room.

“Oh, why don’t we go get you guys some ice cream from the cafeteria.” The nurse said, leading them away.

“Wait, Georgia!” Alice called trying to get off of me.

I wouldn’t let her go until they had left the room. Alice glared at me, mad, as I smiled happily at her.

“Everyone keeps interrupting us.” I pointed out.

“They weren’t interrupting anything.” Alice shot back.

“Ok, but still. I need to talk to you about the trip and I can’t have the kids here.” I told her.

“We’re not really going to do anything, Nathan. I mean, you have work and the kids and I will find some way to entertain ourselves, ok?” she said and asked, patting my cheek.

“I’m not going to let you guys get bored. What kind of dad/husband would I be then?” I asked her.

“A good one, that does his work and brings home the bacon.” Alice answered.

“Nice try, but no.” I told her.

“We’ll be fine, Nathan. Nothing will happen to us.” Alice argued.

“I was thinking we could go see the statue of liberty at night. I bet it looks better at night, with all the lights and stuff.” I ignored her.

She sighed as I went on and on about what we could do together. She tried to argue but I wasn’t having any of that. I was going to make this one of their best trips ever.  

 Alright, yeah it's kinda short, but some of my chapters will be. It's only natural. Next chapter, I think, will be longer. I want 10 comments and votes again before I upload.