Part 27

Part 27

Nathan's POV

When I finished changing and I went into our room, I found Alice already asleep on the bed. She was so tired I bet she just fell asleep. I repositioned her, so that she was under the blankets. I went to go check on the kids and found that they too were asleep. Everyone was so tired, maybe jet lag.

As I slipped into bed, I promised not to wake anyone up when I left for work in the morning. I kissed her forehead good night and fell asleep.

In the morning however, I woke up a little late. It was already 7:30. I had half an hour to get to work, and with traffic that was going to be hard. I quickly went to take a shower and change, as I was making breakfast, Alice came in, rubbing her eyes.

“Good morning.” She said, cheerfully.

“I was trying not to wake you up. Guess it didn’t work too well, huh?” I smiled at her.

She just smiled and pecked my lips. I had tried to avoid actually kissing her since the hospital, but when her lips brushed with mine, I couldn’t take it.

I growled and pulled her closer to me. She wrapped her arms around my neck and leaned closer to me. I licked the bottom of her lips but she pulled away.

“You’re going to be late for work.” She said, shyly.

She quickly ties my tie as I leave for work. She’s standing in the doorway waving goodbye as I get on the elevator to leave.

I knew I shouldn’t have kissed her. I knew she would have pulled away. I knew it. I just hoped she wouldn’t. I think the only reason she actually does that is to keep some kind of pretense up, because if we didn’t to that stuff, then Alex and Alec would surely wonder. I sighed as I got into the taxi on my way to work.

When I finally got into the office, Dave was already there. He started talking as soon as I entered.

“You’re late, mister.” Dave scolded.

“Cut me some slack, I had to fix your little mistake. Not to mention, I had 2 kids and a wife home alone with nothing to do.” I told him.

“Oh, yeah, I forgot. How did it go?” Dave asked, perking up.

“Ok, I guess. She seemed fine with it. I think.” I said, confused.

“Well she isn’t mad at you right?” Dave asked.

“She’s never mad at me, no matter how many mistakes I make. She doesn’t get mad.” I repeated.

“Well then that’s a good sign, right?” Dave asked, confused.

“With Alice, you can never tell.” I answered.

“Well, let’s get to work, get your mind of Alice.” Dave tried to distract me.

“Like that’s possible.” I say, but get to work anyway.

“Mr. Masters?” came Becky’s voice from the door.

“Yes? Come in.” I told her.

“You have 2 meetings today, one meeting at lunch with Steve and another press conference to tell everyone that the company is now yours, for dinner.” Becky stated.

“Who can I bring?” I asked.

“Well you are allowed to bring Dave to both. Oh, may I ask what relation is Alice to you?” Becky said and asked.

“She’s my girlfriend. Why?” I said and asked.

“Then you are allowed to bring her to both as well.” Becky replied.