Part 19

I know it's short, but there's another one coming. Thanks for letting me know you guys are still reading and are still commenting and voting. Luv ya 

Recap:

 I couldn’t take it, anymore. The guilt, the suffering, I couldn’t take it.

“Come here.” Carla said, pulling me to her.

I couldn’t take it anymore. I broke out into sobs against Carla. Her son was in surgery, which he might not come out of, and she was worrying about me. How crazy is that?!?!

“I’m sorry. I’m really sorry. I’m so sorry.” I apologized again and again.

“Shhh. It’s ok. Nathan did, what he wanted to do, it’s not your fault. He knew what he was getting into, even if none of us did. I’m sure he’ll come out ok.” Carla said, reassuringly.

I spent, I don’t know how long, in Carla’s arms crying, but when I was done, I think I fell asleep. 

Part 19

Alice’s POV

I woke up with a jolt, realizing where I was and what situation I was in. I slapped myself, mentally, for falling asleep like that in this kind of situation. What was I thinking?!

A doctor came out of the door, where Nathan’s surgery was being done. He was wearing scrubs and he looked conflicted. I immediately stood up, along with Carla and Jacob.

“The surgery is finished. We’ve removed the knife and taken care of his other wounds too.  We’ve stitched him up to, so the wounds won’t reopen either. He’s fine, and should wake up in a little bit. When he wakes up though, he’ll be in a lot of pain.” The doctor said.

“Can we go see him? Please?” I asked.

“He’s being taken to a room. Yes, you can see him, but don’t make any noise.” The doctor said, sternly.

We were led to Nathan’s room, and I immediately entered. My eyes instantly fell on Nathan and I chocked back a sob, but a cry escaped my lips. Instantly I felt Carla’s hands on my shoulders.

Nathan was lying on the hospital bed, with IV’s and needles poking him. He also was bandaged pretty much everywhere. I put my hand to my mouth to try and conceal my pain, but I couldn’t. I had practically done that to Nathan. This was really all my fault.

Carla sat me down next to Nathan, but I wouldn’t let her. So she sat down next to Nathan and took hold of his hand. I went to the farthest part of the room, which was the corner to the opposite of Nathan and sat down, wrapping my arms around my knees.

“The doctor says he’ll be up in a little bit. It’s ok, Alice. No harm done.”  Carla spoke to me.

“It still doesn’t erase what I’ve done.” I spoke, gloomy.

“Honestly Alice, we don’t blame you.” Jacob spoke up this time.

“I feel like you should.” I muttered, guilty.

“It’s not your fault. Nathan did this of his own accord. He wouldn’t want you to take the blame for something he did on purpose.” Jacob replied.

I didn’t say anything else, not wanting to argue with that logic. I just wish he would wake up. I wanted so badly to see him awake, to tell him I was sorry. I wanted to crawl up into his arms, and have him hold me, but I couldn’t. I didn’t deserve him. He did too much for us already.

He had to wake up, he just had to, or I’d lose it. I’d completely lose all my marbles if he didn’t. I’d go crazy, probably.

We waited, for a couple hours, before it got dark. I decided to stay here, because I certainly wasn’t leaving until Nathan woke up, but Carla and Jacob had to go home. They had to take care of Kate and David, plus Alex and Alec, who were all very confused probably.

“Tell Alex and Alec not worry. I’ll be home soon, and that I’m safe.” I told Carla.

She agreed, and they both left. It was just Nathan and I now. I still sat in the corner, afraid to go to him. I couldn’t fall asleep, because I was no longer tired. I just stayed up late and watched Nathan hoping for him to wake up. After around midnight, a nurse came to check on Nathan. When she saw me sitting in the corner she nearly had a heart attack.

“What are you doing sitting there, child!?” She asked and scolded at the same time.

“Nothing, just waiting for Nathan to wake up.” I told her.

“Well why don’t you sit here, instead of all the way over there?” She asked, genuinely confused, pointing to the spot Carla was sitting in a couple hours ago.

“I don’t deserve to. It’s my fault he’s like this.” I confessed.

It’s better to talk to a stranger about your problems because they don’t know you, so you won’t be hurt by what they say and they won’t judge you, either.

“Oh, I doubt he’s mad or anything. By the looks of it, you really love him, don’t you?” the nurse said.

“I don’t think he’ll be mad either. I’m punishing myself, this way. I’m also not sure if I do or don’t.” I answered her.

“Oh, sweetie, I’m sure he doesn’t want you to punish yourself. I have a feeling this boy loves you too. I also have a feeling you love him, but there’s something stopping you from letting him know you love him. I’m here to say, that whatever it is, don’t let it stop you. Love only comes once in a lifetime, and not to many people, so grab the opportunity when you can.” The nurse said.

I checked her name tag and it said, Georgia. She was sweet and kind. I wonder why she decided to become a nurse, because she was very pretty.

“Thank you, but I wish to stay here.” I told her.

She sighed, sadly and told me one more thing before she left.

“As you wish, child, but I know one thing. He won’t let you stay there when he wakes up.” She said, before leaving.

I didn’t let that sentence get to me, knowing that if I actually thought about it, she was right. Or she would be. 

Like I said, short. Sorry about that. There will be more coming up soon though. Sorry for not uploading soon again. I feel really bad, and I want to write more, but I fear I don't have enough time anymore :( I will try my best though.