Part 33

10 COMMENTS AND VOTES GUYS! IK U CAN DO IT! COME ON!

Part 33

Nathan's POV

“Mom, dad, split up and go look for her, she couldn’t have gone far. Kate and Dave, distract the kids as best as you can. We’ll be back in a bit.” I ordered, as the shock of what Alice had said, wore off.

Everyone dispersed, trying to do their jobs. I couldn’t believe that she was thinking all this! When does she even get time to think?! I don’t leave her alone often enough for her to conjure up these thoughts and misconceptions! I don’t understand what I did to make her believe or think any of this. Where did she come up with this stuff?!

After two hours of looking, we decided she didn’t want to be found, so we left her to think for a little bit. There was no threat around anymore, Xavier was gone. Maybe she just needed a little space and time to think for herself.

We were in the game room, watching the kids play, at least Mom, Dad and I were watching. Kate and Dave were playing with them, anything they thought they wanted to do, they would do. I was happy that I had such a willing family. They stuck by me, no matter what. I wish Alice would understand that.

Maybe, Alice did understand we would be there for her. Maybe, that’s why she was so scared, she ran. She isn’t used to so many people behind her, backing her up. She’s scared she’ll lose all of us. She’s scared we’ll get hurt trying to protect her and take care of her.

“I got it!” I jumped up instantly.

Everyone looked up at me, wondering what had me so jumpy.

“I figured out why Alice is so opposed to any of us getting closer to her than we already have.” I replied.

“Alec and I could have told you.” Alex spoke up.

The kids! Of course they knew more about their mom than I did.

“Why is mommy so scared of us getting closer to her?” I asked just to check.

“Mommy is scared that all of you are going to get hurt because of her. She no wants anyone to get hurt.” Alec answered.

“I knew it!” I replied, gathering the kids up in my arms.

“Well does mommy know we love her?” I asked.

“Duh! Mommy knows everything.” Alex replied, rolling her eyes.

“Daddy, keep up.” Alec patted my head.

Ok, I was getting seriously owned by a 3 and a 4 year old. This is as bad as it gets folks.

“Dude, you just got owned by your own kids.” David said.

“Yes, I’m aware of that fact.” I puffed.

They each kissed my cheek, in that adorable way.

“We know you want to help mommy.” Alec started.

“That’s why we is helping you, daddy.” Alec finished.

“I could have used you two a long time ago.” I shook my head, sitting down on the plushy sofa.

“Nap time.” Alex yawned.

“Right, you’re right.” I replied, standing back up again, with them still in my arms.

I carefully laid them down on their bed, where they instantly curled around each other. It was cute, I admit. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and snapped a quick picture, before tucking them in, giving each of them a kiss and going back downstairs into the game room.