Part 15

Part 15

I woke up to the sound of the maids.

“Alice, you must wake up. It’s time to go to school. You too, Nathan.” One of the maids said.

I groggily woke up, slowly opening my eyes. I realized what day it was, Tuesday, time for school. Ugh!!! I realized that the maids were in here, while Nathan and I were sleeping, together. Yet they said nothing, just woke us up. I shook Nathan awake. He wouldn’t wake up.

“Nathan!!! Get up!!” I whined at him, a little playfully.

He only groaned, and turned over. Why was he being so resistant?!

“Is he always like this?” I asked Madeline, who had come up to wake us.

“Yes, usually he won’t get up until an hour after we’ve woke him up.” She replied.

“That’s not going to happen, while I'm around.” I said.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you, Alice. He tends to get violent.” Patricia piqued up.

“Violent? Nathan?” I asked, not getting it.

There was only one time Nathan was ever violent, that was when he was trying to protect me, around Xavier. I’d never seen him violent otherwise.

“Nathan use to—“Patricia started explaining.

“Patricia!!!” Madeline interrupted, as Nathan woke up.

“That’s enough.” Nathan said, calmly but deadly.

He looked so scary, and angry. Patricia recoiled, whimpering.

“Nathan!!” I scolded, seeing the maid, frightened.

Nathan instantly looked at me, angrily. I’d only seen him this mad when Xavier was around, and now it’s directed towards me. I was shocked and quite frankly scared too.

His face softened when he saw it was me. He sighed, deeply, as he came back to being himself.

“Nathan?” I asked, confused.

The Madeline and Patricia left, while Nathan calmed down.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” I asked, softly. I put my hand on his shoulder, softly.

“Nothing, I’m ok.” He answered.

I just stared at him, not believing him, and he knew that too. He sighed, once again.

“I didn’t exactly tell you everything about me.” He admitted.

Ah, so he was keeping a secret from me too. I'm not mad or sad or anything, I understand completely. I sighed, and he looked sad.

“Will you ever tell me?” I asked, simply.

“Of course!” he said instantly.

“Then I can wait.” I answered his unasked question.

He looked shocked, like he wasn’t expecting that answer. I would give him time, like he gave me.

“Just like you gave me time, I’ll give you time.” I replied.

He smiled at me, kissed my forehead, and got up. I went to my room, to go change, into my newly bought clothes, brushed my teeth, brushed my hair and went downstairs. I made it downstairs before Nathan, and went into the kitchen. The Patricia and Madeline were making breakfast in the kitchen.

I was kind of curious as to what Nathan’s story would be but I can wait for it. I was just wondering how Nathan could be violent. It didn’t seem like him at all.