Part 35

<-- Go back and read the last couple paragraphs to the other chapter because it's been awhile. Thx! 

Part 35

Nathan's POV

I hadn’t gotten much sleep but knowing that Alice was going to be back home today made everything better.

The kids had woken up quite early but that was ok, because they had slept pretty early too. They were starving though, since I forgot about dinner. I felt a little guilty about that, so I cook breakfast for them.

“What do you two want?” I asked, as they sat on the island counter.

I had made sure that they were dressed and ready for the day, before getting them downstairs. So they were ready and hungry.

“Pancakes!” they yelled in unison.

I knew for a fact that Kate and David would want pancakes as well, so it worked out well for everyone. I set to work cooking and made sure to be fast, yet good. This would also wake up Kate and David, after they had a whiff of my pancakes, they’d be up and awake.

Soon after I was done and I got the kids whatever they wanted, syrup, butter and even cut the pancakes into tiny little bits so they wouldn’t choke on it, Kate and David ran downstairs as I was beginning to eat my pancakes.

“Pancakes!” They shouted, excited.

I pointed to the stack of pancakes I had made two plates for both of them. They attacked their breakfast. Soon, everyone was done and the dishes were left. I quickly got to work on the dishes, while Kate and David went with Alec and Alex to play outside in the play ground we have back there. I wasn’t too hungry because all I really was thinking about was what time she would be here.

As I finished with the last of the dishes, the doorbell rang. I froze. It could only be one person. I wasted no time in getting the door, practically running there.

There, standing the doorway was Alice. She looked different somehow, as if a weight was lifted off her shoulders. She looked lighter. I quickly grabbed her in a hug. She made a sound of shock before wrapping her arms around me as well.

“You have no idea how much I missed you.” I whispered into her ear.

“I'm sorry.” She replied.

I heard a throat being cleared and pulled away from Alice, to hide her behind me.

It was Catt and two adults, who, by the resemblance, I was assuming were her parents.

“Hello, I’m Billy, Catt’s dad and this is Jane, my wife.” Billy introduced.

As I knew that there was no threat, I allowed Alice to come out from behind me.

“Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Taylor, it’s nice to meet you.” I said, politely.

They exchanged a look before turning to me.

“Hello, we just wanted to meet with you, since Alice is staying with you.” Mrs. Taylor spoke up.

Oh they were just here to make sure Alice was in good hands. If Catt was close to Alice than Catt’s parents would be as well.

“No need to worry ma’am. I care, love and provide for my family and Alice, Alex and Alec are my family. Would you like to come in?” I asked, politely.

“Oh, we just came over to drop Alice home.” Jane declined.

“How about we have dinner some time, here?” I suggested, in an attempt to ease their worried minds.