Part 24

Dedicated to my Best Friend EVER RainbowHeart98 who just got a Wattpad account, look at her stuff, it's amazing. I luv it! She's really good. I honestly think she's better than me. 

Recap: 

We’re not really going to do anything, Nathan. I mean, you have work and the kids and I will find some way to entertain ourselves, ok?” she said and asked, patting my cheek.

“I’m not going to let you guys get bored. What kind of dad/husband would I be then?” I asked her.

“A good one, that does his work and brings home the bacon.” Alice answered.

“Nice try, but no.” I told her.

“We’ll be fine, Nathan. Nothing will happen to us.” Alice argued.

“I was thinking we could go see the statue of liberty at night. I bet it looks better at night, with all the lights and stuff.” I ignored her.

She sighed as I went on and on about what we could do together. She tried to argue but I wasn’t having any of that. I was going to make this one of their best trips ever.  

 Part 24

After a while, Georgia came back, with the kids, eating ice cream.

“Mommy try mine!” Alex ran up to Alice and practically shoved the ice cream into her mouth.

“Mmm. It’s delicious!” Alice exclaimed.

I loved it when Alice makes faces, happy, sad, angry, all of them. They bring light into her eyes, where as normally they’re dull. I know it’s weird and corny but I’m serious.

“Daddy try mine.” Alec says, holding the ice cream out to me.

I licked the ice cream and smiled at him.

“Yeah, it’s nice.” I told him.

“So…” I started, pulling Alex onto my bed and then Alec.

“What do you want to do in New York?” Nathan asked.

“Zoo!!!” They both yelled.

“Ok!” I told them.

“But zoos aren’t opened at night.” Alice said.

“Aw!!” The kids were really sad.

“Don’t worry about that! That’s my problem. You just tell me where you want to go and I’ll make it happen.” I told her and the kids.

They each kissed my cheek in happiness.

“But Nathan—” Alice started to argue.

I cut her off with a glare, telling her we could about this later.

Finally the kids got tired and mom and dad came to pick them up. Alice told them she would come back home in a couple of days. When everyone finally left I asked her something.

“Would you want me as the permanent dad for the kids?” I asked.

This question seemed to shock her, because it was random and out of the blue, but I needed to know if I was just a fill in, or permanent.

“You are their permanent dad. The kids and I wouldn’t want anyone else in your position, because no one can do this job better than you can.” Alice replied.

“So you wouldn’t mind, if I was your husband then?” I asked, again.

This question seemed to make her blush scarlet. I looked her in the eyes as she tried to avoid my gaze.