T h i r t e e n

Taylor lied on her bed, playing with the furry, white cat, Olivia, she got a couple of months ago. She just came from a long morning nap and it's already four in the afternoon, two hours before she comes back at the hospital.

Her life was going absolutely well, for the twenty-seven years of living, she could already feel like she had attained quite a good life. But it still isn't enough. It's why she picked being a doctor, to help people. . . nothing like a life well-lived.

"Olivia, do you think they'll remember me? Jenny, Astro, Arnold, Warren, Elsie, Christine, Gray, James or even Bartholo?" Taylor asked her cat even though she knew it wouldn't answer. She was stating the names of the cancer patients or kids with disabilities she met along the way. Bartholo was special since he had short term memory loss but Taylor kept in mind of some of the kids by taking a picture of them and putting their names at the back of every photograph so she won't forget them.

Taylor chuckled, looking back, she was proud of what she experienced, how many kids she helped even adults. "Yeah, they probably won't. But I'll keep them in mind." She said.

She set down Olivia on the bed and took the pictures hung from her wall, mostly were the ones with her past patients and some even had their personal notes. Taylor smiled, seeing how sometimes she'd do something worthwhile, and these are the little trophies she's thankful to get.
After the few hours were over, she went to the hospital and saw to it that she does what is in need to be done.

It was another normal day, or night. . . Taylor was on the graveyard shift again, the cup noodles and warm coffee are her bestfriends as she goes on with her job. She took a break after a successful delivery of a baby girl by Mrs. Hardy. Well, she barely know the patient and she barely remembers them but at the moment, another life was put to safety in good hands.

She wasn't sleepy at all, her mind is still fresh with the feeling of triumph and success washing over her. She sat alone on a table in the hospital's cafeteria, looking at the night sky with countless stars above. She might be tired, but she didn't want to stop, she had been a bit nocturnal these days anyways.

She wanted to call her parents, but it's already one am, they're probably asleep. Austin, probably not, he's got a lot going on with the bank too. Taylor couldn't so anything but stare at her phone and think if she could talk to someone. She had friends around the hospital but seeing as most are already home and some are still quite busy, she decided not to go look around for them.

Taylor had developed a habit of sometimes going in the nursery,- though not part of her job- and just looked at some of the newborn babies. There was something about those peacefully sleeping newborns that calmed her and removed her tiredness.

Taylor finished up her food and coffee, she went to check to the nurse's screens where they watch the patients who just went through giving birth or had problems in the same matter. She was friends with the nurses there. . . she usually stays there until she gets appointments or her shift ends.

"So what's up for tonight, ma'am?" Taylor asked the forty-year old, woman. She had long black hair tied up in a bun with the nurse cap on her head, she had dazzling brown eyes and the most genuine smile.

"Oh, nothing new, doctor. There are two new patients who went through miscarriage. Poor old beans." Mrs. Fredricksen answered.

Taylor let out a smile. "Ma'am, I told you, you can call me Taylor." She didn't like being called 'doctor' by her friends that much, especially the elderly.

"Oh alright." Mrs. Fredricksen chuckled. "When is the end of your shift?" She asked.

Taylor looked at her watch and it's already two in the morning. "Six hours from now."