F i f t y - e i g h t

"Lad, if you're going to wake up, better be quick, Tay's leaving in two weeks." I mumbled quietly under my breath. Again, I was seated the furthest away from the ladies, in that way I could give them so distance while I get some alone time. "Let me list down why you should wake up: the doctors said you were starting to be alright, your girlfriend is always here and I know you'll love to see her face again, your mum had been waiting for you to wake up and bloody hell, Taylor is leaving, you have to see her!"

"Harry, you okay?" Eleanor said and suddenly I realized I was continuously mumbling things under my breath.

I blanked out for a moment, both Eleanor and Taylor stared at me, waiting for the answer. "Uh, y-yeah."

"You seemed so blanked out, you've been muttering words quickly like you're praying or something, weird." She blurted out in a fast pace.

"Why were you paying attention to me, anyways?" I asked.

Eleanor's jaw slightly dropped and she looked slightly embarrassed, "I-I was--" she cleared her throat then continued, "I was going to ask if you and Taylor would be alright for the next few hours. I'll take Lou's mom out, she needs some rest."

"Yeah, I'll be fine with that." I replied and then leaned my head back. My face was serious all throughout the time I was talking to her, I had to hold back my smiles, otherwise it'd be obvious that I'd love for that to happen.

It wasn't long before Eleanor and Louis' mum went out while Taylor and I were left inside the hospital room. I must say, the hospital seemed more comfortable than it used to, I don't hate hospitals, usually, the smell just makes me uncomfortable but I've grown to like it more everyday as it's how Taylor smells like, only added by a touch of flowers.

I've also noticed that for the morning, Taylor and I haven't had out breakfast. "Tay, want to grab a bite to eat?" I asked.

Taylor faced me, "Can't leave Louis. Patients like that have a possible chance of sei--"

"You haven't touched your food last night, you seemed exhausted, and I might not be a doctor but I'd know skipping two meals consecutively isn't a good thing." I said and smiled at her defeated face.

"Maybe later."

What?!

"You avoiding me?"

"Yep." She answered blankly then looked away.

"Thought so." I muttered. "I might carry you outside, I can easily do that, you know." To be quite honest, that isn't all what I wanted to say. . . I can easily do that, Tay! After all the years, do you think I'll mind people talking over my shoulder?

"You won't do that." Taylor replied.

"Are you trying to make me?" I asked in the most mischievous tone I could muster at the very moment.

"You act like we're still teenagers, Harry, no."

I rolled my eyes and walked towards her, "Last chance. Why the hell do you suppose I made you stay for a couple more days?" I extended my hand and yet she refused. "Tay, you don't want me to do what's on my mind."

Maybe I annoyed her already. Taylor stood up with a scoff and stormed out of the room. "I annoyed her. Gimme a sec, Lou, while I follow your White Queen." I mumbled and walked out of the room.

It wasn't hard to spot Taylor. She was walking very slowly down the hall with her head bowed and her arms crossed. "Tay, wait up!" I said with a raised voice. Then she walked faster. I sprinted towards her and tried to keep up as much as I can. "What's the point of avoiding me when I'll still chase after you? You know that."