S e v e n t y - n i n e

After getting dinner from a restaurant, Taylor and I headed back to her apartment. While we were on the road and while we were listening to a couple of songs from our generation, we started having this normal conversation.

"Hey, are you going home to Nashville this day off?" I asked her since she haven't done that and they said she would.

"Uh, no, not really." She replied. "Well, mom called up but I'm not really sure. Let's just wait for updates, I guess."

"Hmm, maybe." I replied then started humming through the song as the conversation was starting to fade out. . . it was until she spoke again.

"Hazz, can I ask you something?"she asked, and given the fact that she's already asking, I honestly have nothing else to say but:

"Sure."

"Do you think it'll be a great idea to have Alison at the apartment? I mean, if it's okay with Liz. Isn't that like an agreement? Two weeks with her and then Alison has two weeks with you. Has the--"

"Taylor, divorce stuff takes a load of processing but I'm sure she won't mind if I borrow Alison." I replied. . . in fact, I could actually get her right now. That seemed like a good idea at the moment. "Wait, that could work right now, right? Do you want to go and pick her up, now?"

"As long as Liz doesn't mind I'm good." She replied.

I smiled, starting to feel overexcited. I texted Liz and told her we were coming, also I made sure that I drove slow so that it wouldn't be much of a problem for Taylor. Liz replied and she said Alison will be ready by the time we there, plus she kept it a surprise. I was grateful for Liz's kindness and acceptance towards this and it's sort of making me feel bad of how I messed up but then she kept assuring me that it's alright. I sometimes don't understand why I get to have too much of a good thing yet, I try not to think that something worse is going to come.

I took a U-turn and headed for the direction that leads us to my house. I had to admit, I was rather excited so I couldn't help speeding up a bit, just a bit though as I don't really want Taylor to have an immediate a trigger attack or something close.

Finally, we arrived about twenty minutes later, or more, I wasn't really counting the time. I pulled up through the driveway. I walked outside then opened the door for her. She shook her head and then said, "Wouldn't that be a bit awkward for--"

"Nope."

"No, I mean Liz would definitely--"

"I said, nope." I said with a smile.

Taylor sighed and then said, "Fine." She followed behind me as I walked towards the house. I reached my hand back for her to hold. Triumphantly, I smiled when she held my hand and interlocked out fingers. I also noticed her looking around and oftentimes looking up to the second floor and then later turn her attention to me. I knocked on the door.

I smiled at Taylor and then she smiled back. Then the door opened up, with Liz. She smiled at us and then said, "Harold, Taylor. Come in."

Liz walked aside and then I entered. Taylor still followed shyly behind me. I'm sure she's rather uncomfortable here since the last time she visited was Alison's birthday party.

"Harry, Alison is upstairs and you can help her pack the rest." Liz instructed.

"Alright." I replied and started walking towards the stairs, still with Taylor quietly following behind me.

"And, Harry--" She said so I turned around to look at her. I raised an eyebrow and then she said, "Mind if I borrow Taylor for a time-being?"

I immediately shifted my gaze to Taylor, who was looking straight at Liz. "M-Me?"