F o r t y - o n e

Harry didn't do anything. He looked down at her and just stared like a frozen statue.

Taylor groaned, she was too tired to deal with Harry, too tired to even think about him. With a heavy sigh, she said, "You should probably get some sleep."

He didn't move, not even a twitch, a flinch or a change of direction in his eyes. Nothing. He was just quiet and his deadly stare was still there. Come on please, just walk up to the room, your room and go to sleep.

Unfortunately, Harry didn't seem like he was listening at all. What the hell. . . "Okay, come on. I'll--" Taylor slightly hesitated but Harry seemed harmless at the moment, she shook the doubt out of her head. "I'll help you."

Taylor extended her hand to grab Harry's arm, trying to see if he'll react but he didn't so she grabbed it anyways. "Follow me." She whispered and guided Harry upstairs. Here, we are crossing out an item in your "not-supposed-to-do-list."

Harry was quiet, so was Taylor. She didn't want to say a word, she was kind of afraid that one wrong move would set him off. Her hands were cold and shaky the entire time, and the alcohol she is smelling is making it much worse. She still tried to control her mood as they both made their way up the stairs. There were a few casual trips and 'almost-falls' but, Taylor managed to keep her strength enough to cover for Harry.

It was a tiring travel from the kitchen, and Taylor released a sigh of relief once they got near the door. Unfortunately, that's when Harry's eyes went halfway down, probably because he's all drunk, sleepy and tired. Taylor still assisted her to his bed.

Within a couple of seconds, Harry was already sprawled over his bed and soundly asleep. Good.

For a second, Taylor took the time to look at him, covered by darkness and slightly lit up by the moonlight. He was different now, though. He didn't have his usual curly hair, he didn't have his usual cheery smile, he didn't have the light in his eyes when she saw it. . . he just didn't seem to be the Harry Taylor knew.

"God, if you only knew how much your daughter really loves you. She does, sometimes she's just afraid. Afraid of this." Taylor whispered. "You need to snap out, you can't be inside your own cage anymore. You have to get out. Please break free from it." She wasn't asking for the old Harry to come back, she just wanted the Harry that cares for his family more than anything and would give up everything just to keep them together. . . not the one who breaks down first. He has to be strong for it.

Taylor heard a slight rustle, then a meow, coming from the side of the bed. Olivia, what the hell?! She walked towards Olivia and picked her up in her arms.

That's when Taylor realized she was spending too much time inside the bedroom. I think I should leave. "Come on, Olivia." She said softly to her cat and slowly stood up.

A chill ran down Taylor's spine as she heard the door click, signalizing it was closed. It must have been the air. She tried to calm herself with the thought and walked towards the door.

Taylor turned the knob with her free hand and breaking the silence was a screech from Olivia as Taylor dropped her to the floor, then another click---- a gasp---- and a soft thud. The next things were the rhythm of heartbeats and her tensed breathing.