F o r t y - t w o

After that, Taylor decided to call the hospital and said she won't be able to come because of some personal reasons. . . she knew it was wrong to say 'no' to her duties as a doctor but then she thought, One day wouldn't hurt. And she also said she'll just take the double shift on Monday. She had done that before and pretty much, she'll be able to do it again. . . it's for Alison anyways and she might not get the chance again.

She entered the house again and Louis was in the living room, watching some cartoons. When he turned her head, his mouth was partially open.

"Did you forget something?" Louis asked.

Taylor sat beside him while shaking her head, "No. I'm not going to the hospital today. We could take Alison out."

"I have no idea what you are trying to say." He replied plainly.

"I'm skipping work today so we could go out. Damn, was that hard to even understand?"

"Wow, you're finally letting yourself loose!" Louis exclaimed. "Okay, give me a good twenty minutes. I'll handle Alison. Just stay here." He said.

Taylor nodded and let Louis do all the work. She just sat there, constantly asking if her help is needed but he continuously answers he can handle everything. Whatever you say.

After thirty minutes, Alison and Louis were finally ready. Taylor wasn't against their outfits but "Why in the hell would the two of you wear matching jean jackets and not tell me?" She asked, she wasn't exactly annoyed but it didn't seem like it was fair.

"Like father like daughter. Glasses on, princess." Louis put his glasses on in a sassy way and so did Alison.

Taylor rolled her eyes. "Fine. Whatever."

All of them went to Louis' car, Alison and Taylor were in the back seat while he drives. They sang along a couple of songs – most of which, they taught to her over the past few weeks. They also joked and fooled around just to entertain themselves because of the traffic.

"How 'bout a stroll in the playground?" Louis asked as he parked his car. There wasn't really a need for an answer for that but he asked anyways.

Taylor rolled her eyes and tried to open the door. She tried a couple of times and looked at Louis, who was watching her with a cheeky grin. "Playground." She muttered, "We're here."

Still, Louis stared cheekily.

"Unlock it, for the love of God." Taylor muttered again, a bit louder this time. Finally, Louis did and all of them went out of the car. She had no idea what they're going to do but, it just had to be amusing.

They walked around the playground, Alison in front of them, constantly chasing off pigeons that have scattered around. Minutes later, they played with Alison on the swing.

"What's next after this?" Louis asked while pushing the swing Alison was riding on.

"I really have no idea. Shopping, wanna go?"

He rolled his eyes. "A bit of something for the boys, now."

"Movies?" Taylor asked.

Louis smirked, "Alright."

And after almost twenty minutes in the park, they headed for the mall so they could go shopping and movie watching. Taylor didn't bug Louis about it, it was him who made that decision all alone. They went shopping first, and Louis seemed to be more enthusiastic than the two. He kept walking around, hopping from one rack to another, especially in the kid's section.