T h i r t y - f o u r

It was unfair. What happened back there wasn't something anyone deserved. Taylor was wondering what she had done for fate to make her go through such emotional torture. Wasn't her anxiety enough?! There was no limit on what type of punishment life kept giving her. This time, the punishment is for her to watch as she break people with her words.

Her mind whirred back from a couple of minutes ago when she heard his cry.

She was relieved she heard that sound, it was an indication that he was alive. That echoed in her ears like a lovely song but as the faint heartbeat faded away, it turned into a tearful melody that made her feel the pain of the day she left Harry but a thousand times more painful than that.

Taylor exhaled and breathed hoarsely because she didn't while they were trying to save the baby. Her heart really slowed down and almost dropped.

She had very little energy left, she felt like she's going to faint. How will I be able to do this?

Now, she wanted to fade, now she wanted to disappear into thin air because she didn't know how to handle this. She still have one last thing to be strong for: facing them.

The time continued to fast forward.

She never thought it would be this way. It wasn't supposed to be like this, she could remember one split second of hearing a cry that echoed inside her ears not knowing, it was the last sound she would ever hear from him.

How could she have known, that the last cry was the last one she'll ever hear? It wasn't fair to anyone. She couldn't understand why this little angel visited life, flashed a smile and said goodbye seven minutes later. It's like he walked into a room, greeted everyone then disappeared without a single word and never heard of again.

Taylor going through this type of pain was hard enough, but the fact that she'll able to see how she isn't the only one affected burned her.

Her heart probably couldn't handle too much, she could barely hear it anymore. And she walked out of the room.

No, Taylor hadn't had a single idea how to break the news. She had a few reasons why, one, she felt like there was already something important from her that she lost, even though she was no way connected to this kid. Two, it's Harry's kid, it won't be easy to tell him. Three, if Harry loses something dear to him, God only knows. And four, she never ever lost a baby before, when she was a nurse, yes, she saw it happen and she was never the one to tell the relatives but as a doctor, it was the very first time. She had no idea what to do.

It isn't a matter of reputation anymore, it's the matter of how the life was lost under her control and pretty much she knew somehow, she'll end up taking the blame for it. Made her feel guilty already even if no one was pointing fingers at her.

The two elderly was talking to Niall, Lux was currently doing Alison's hair with Gemma talking to the both of them, and lastly, Harry was the one leaning against the wall near the door with his serious face.

Seven sets of eyes were all staring at her, seven different lives that are going to experience what she felt. They all waited for what she has to say, patiently. Every second seemed like years, Taylor was feeling the cold sweat trickle down her forehead.

Harry faced her, he stared at her, trying to get an answer out from her unreadable face. It would crush him. It would tear him down. . . his own son. . .

"Is--Is she--"

"She's okay." Taylor said softly, since the hallway was silent, the seven people waiting for her answer heard it clearly. Most of them released a sigh of relief though Gemma and Harry didn't.