F i f t y - f i v e

Every minute of the past hour had been torture, Taylor was even surprised she got through it without passing out. And she felt these, one more time but a thousand times more painful as she entered the room and saw him. She didn't want to believe the records shown, she didn't want to believe what the nurses said, she never ever wanted to see how it was all true right before her eyes.

50/50 chance of living.

Fractured skull.

Several stitches all over his body.

Broken bones.

And even if he did wake up, he might experience total memory loss.

The doctor and nurses finally left her to be all alone with him. All she could hear was the torturing beeps from the monitor and her continuously breaking heart.

Louis.

"This isn't fair." Taylor said with her voice cracking, standing infront of the lad lying on the white hospital bed. He was wearing those dreadful clothes, tubes stuck in his hands and mouth, casts all over his body. Taylor let her tears roll down her cheeks and didn't bother to wipe them. How would tears matter to her now? Her days are becoming worst like nightmares she can't avoid, awake or asleep, they're always there.

She was all alone in the room, for a while. Once she heard the door creak, she wiped away tears and turned her head to the door. Who else but his bestfriend?

"Taylor?"

Taylor smiled faintly, pain very visible in her eyes even through the darkness. "Harry." She replied with her whisper, cracked voice.

Harry walked inside and closed the door behind him. "The lads are coming, and his parents are informed. How long have you been here?" He asked and then stopped in his tracks when he's beside Taylor. Both of them stared at Louis' unconscious body in complete silence.

"Wh-What did the doctors say?" Harry whispered, breaking off the silence.

Taylor took a deep breath, "Fifty percent." She said, not wanting to explain it any further.

"Never should have let him take the car." He said.

While Taylor, she remained quiet. All she could perceive right now was Louis' state. Apart from that, she couldn't care about anything else. She feared losing her bestfriend too much, she thought it was Harry she was going to lose but it turned out to be Louis. She didn't know which one is worse.

"How long have you been in here?" Harry asked his question again. Again, Taylor didn't reply.

It took a couple of minutes for Harry to say something again. "He'll be alright."

Taylor turned her gaze to Harry, looking like he just said something wrong. To be quite honest, she wanted to believe Harry, she wanted his words to come to existence but. . . it's not like what he says will always come true. "How'd you know?" She asked then turned her gaze right back to Louis.

"You can't possibly believe he can't. He's your bestfriend, you have to be strong about this."

It's exactly what Taylor was trying to do, she was trying to be strong. She knew she needed to keep going even when she knew she was doing an awful job about it. It's all she can do for now.

"I know." She plainly replied at Harry's concerned statement.

"Just trust me, he'll be alright." He said once more, yet he sounded like he was hardly believing his own words.