S i x t y - n i n e

Silence.

I could barely reply back to her, I want to say something. . . I can't. I don't know what I should say. My voice turned to nothing, and my hands felt so numb, I tried waking myself up from the trance I'm in but I really couldn't. I was frozen, staring at Taylor. . . scanning everything about her.

How--- How did I do this?!

I was tired, I was soaking wet, I was out of breath, but none of that mattered to me. Everything about me turned to nothing but pain when I saw her. I cannot believe this, why would she let herself be this way?!

Taylor looked tired, sad, broken and sick. She grew too thin since the last time I saw her, her hair wasn't in its natural bounce anymore, her skin was paler than normal. . . and her eyes, covered with tears and darkness, revealed the worst of all. Her beautiful blue eyes turned into a shade of sadness and despair, without the liveliness I used to see. I knew she wasn't feeling good when I saw her last time but I never thought I could damage her this much.

Something inside me broke a little, I'm not sure if there are words enough to describe what I'm feeling right now.

"Just go, Harry." She whispered and almost closed the door. I didn't let her. I used my arm so she couldn't shut it. Despite being exhausted, I managed to keep my strength up. I could barely see things but dark spots anymore, and I tried keeping my focus on her.

"Taylor---" I sighed, tired as I already am. "Please don't do this. Let me in, please." I said.

She finally stopped shutting the door and left it open. She stared right at me, her face unreadable. I know I just needed to say something, I really don't know what.

Because I was exhausted, there's a second that my vision turned to nothing but dark sparkly dots, and my mind almost shut down. I kept breathing, I kept trying but catch my breath that seemed to a be so far away, I shut my eyes harshly every once in a while. Just once, I saw her worried eyes scanning mine. Then my knees turned to almost nothing and I felt myself falling down.

I almost shut my eyes, I almost fell to the ground, I felt so weak. . . thank God for Taylor. My vision wasn't too good to make the most of it, all I knew is that I caught her lovely floral scent, and then her arms supported me. "Hey, Harry, hey." Taylor said, slightly struggling yet her voice was still the most soothing melody I'll ever hear.

Again, I shook my head and blinked a couple of times as I tried to be stable on my feet. I took a deep breath and exhaled.

"You okay, Harry?" She asked, despite her fragile-looking self, she kept ahold of my arms.

I looked down and then directly to her eyes. My weak state was temporary, but hers?! I don't think a simple rest would fix that for her. "Are you okay?" I asked, returning the sentence to her. Between the two of us, she looked more awful than I did and I know for a fact that though I'm exhausted, she's not feeling any better than I am.

"Strange to see me like this, huh?" Taylor asked weakly then added it with her short laughter. I didn't hear anything cheerful or any slight improving of atmosphere from her voice. She must have realized that I've been staring at her for too long yet I didn't mind that, why would I be ashamed of staring at her? She's my everything, why would I?

And later on, Taylor smiled, "You're coming in?"

She backed away for me to get inside. I followed her, speechless and scarcely believing it. I kind of wished that I was just imagining this. . . that maybe I just fell asleep outside her door because I didn't get her in time and she's already in Nashville, but in perfectly good health. To be honest I'd rather it be the latter, yet it's not exactly what's happening right now, is it?