T w e n t y - s e v e n

The reunion started a second right after Perrie gave her back to the lads. She sat down with a smile and looked at Niall. Sitting across her was Liam and Sophia, infront of them was Louis and Danielle while behind her was Harry and Liz. The hard part is, she could see Harry from the corner of her eyes.

Niall kept her comfortable while the two of them talked with Liam and Sophia though they never forget to include everyone in their conversation. The program started with speeches from their peers and a guest.

"Back then, most of you were a band of misfits." The one talking said.

"That's us." Niall whispered and Taylor laughed.

"But look at all of you now, engineers, doctors, architects, managers, simply, professionals. . ." and it went on and and on and on.

The first dance came on, and the song was "Heaven" by Bryan Adams. The lights went down and all they ever saw was slight shadows of the few people who got up to dance.

Louis was the first one to stand up in their table and led Danielle to the very center of everything. Everyone looked over their shoulders just to see the two.

"Louis was your first dance, wasn't he?" Niall asked.

"Really? Louis?" Liz asked and both Niall and Taylor had to turn their attention to her, just not to be rude.

"Yes, since her boyfriend back then was late. He loved to make entrances." Niall said, Liam, Sophia and Taylor laughed at his joke. Harry though, didn't seem amused.

"Yeah, Tay's ex was a bit of a grand entrance lad. Anyways, where is he?" Louis added, pretending to be looking around.

Again, the people in the table except Liz, Harry and Taylor laughed.

"Hey, Harry, you know him. Why aren't you laughing?" Louis asked and that's when Taylor grew a bit scared since Louis could be stepping out of line.

Taylor knew that even with his lips sealed shut, his teeth were gritted and his frown grew a bit more unpleasant.

And then he sighed, one moment he glanced at Taylor and then looked away. "Inside jokes, they're not always amusing to me." He muttered and then took Liz to the dance floor.

When he left, the rest of the table bursted out laughing. "Oh God, you got him mad." Taylor said, trying to keep her laughter to a minimum.

"He deserved that." Liam said as a side comment.

"Do you want to dance?" Niall asked. He got up on his feet. Again, Taylor was in no position to say 'no.'

Taylor smiled and held his hand. She stood up and Niall led her right between Louis and Dani and Harry and Liz. He placed one hand on her waist and one hand holding her hand. Her last free one was on her shoulder, like the usual dancing position.

"That was a yes, right?" Niall asked in the middle of the dance.

She scoffed but still smiled, "You chose the perfect location for the dance."

Niall grinned amusedly while she heard Louis chuckle. "Really? You have to listen to every conversation when you're near?" Taylor said still looking at Niall, but it was really directed to Louis.

"Yeah right, I wasn't listening." Louis remarked.

The song ended and all of them went back their seats. There was another speech from their president of the student body. And another song played, a song by David Pomeranz, Got to Believe in Magic.